Thread: how do i tell the doctor? sombody help plz,im embarresed

not eating??? plz read

Hi,im scared to eat because i think something is either undercooked of will give me food poisoning or someone has put something into my food,and when i do eat i normaly make myself sick so that something like that wont happen,and also,i used to take citalopram for depression and ive got my depressions back,im going to doctors today,im abit worried what he will say about my eating part of things and what i will get prescribed can anybody relate to this or what you think the doctor will say?

Re: can someone help nobody has been replying to my posts

Hi, dont worry about the doctor, they will have seen and heard it all.

It sounds to me like you have a phobia and the doc will recognise this.

Just go and be totally truthful as to how you're feeling, maybe write things down if you cant say them.

Good luck

Sue
    x

Re: how do i tell the doctor? sombody help plz,im embarresed

Don, I've replied to one of your other posts. People wont reply if you continue to post loads of threads.

I can relate - in that I think my food has somehow been contaminated by whatever poison and I panic that I'm going to end up seriously ill; I've also been through worrys over salmonella etc.. I'm away to see my GP a week Wed over about two or three years of problems and I'm getting worked up over it already - I suppose the best thing is to be honest - they're there to help after all.

hi your doctor is there to help so make sure you tell him all your symptoms.Tell him about your food phobias he wont judge you as many people suffer from phobias in different shapes or form.
    I hope you feel better soon xxxx

Re: not eating??? plz read

Yes, I cook things untill there burnt, dont worry put in the microwave.

Re: not eating??? plz read

I have a thing about people spiking my drinks!?!?

Its seems to be part of obsessive/anxiety probs, would think that doc would have heard this kind of things loadsand loads of times

Im sure they will give you same things that work for any anxiety stuff. I also have Generalised Anxiety disorder and heatlth Anxiety and I take sertraline every day 100mg

Lisa
    xxxxx

Hi there

You have a lot of duplicate threads about this so I will merge them all together so you can see the replies in one place.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Don't worry about telling them, seems like there are quite a few people with this, seems OCD related. I have it myself, I worry a lot of the time that I will get drugs in my food, even packaged foods. Or anytime something is weird with food like there a piece of burnt spot on it or something I get paranoid that it's some kind of drug that someone put in it. I'm getting better and i just started seeing a psych about it whos gona help. I also worry about foods giving me a migraine even though I only had 2 a year ago, now I worry a lot about getting another one which is stupid. I also have a STONG fear towards drug highs and worry about anything that can make me feel weird.

Thread Information