Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surreal, Unreal, Spaced-Out, Derealization etc

Thank you all so very much for your replies, I really do appreciate it ALLOT.

going to see the neurologist tomorrow, and I feel More spaced out than usual, I think maybe I am worrying subconsciously, in fact I think I have forgot ton what feeling relaxed is actually like, I think maybe i have gotten so used to feeling stressed/worried I live like it 24/7 and think its normal.

I am going to take a couple of herbal sleep aids and try and have a decent sleep, I am tired and think tiredness may make the way I feel worse.

my herbal sleep aids contain some hops, valerian and passion flower (I think) mild but they take the edge of my worry I find, and although they don't make me drowsy at all, I think because they help me relax it is easier to sleep, allot of my problem is that I am actually stressed/worried WHILE I am asleep you see, I have bad dreams etc, clenching teeth in sleep etc.

Am I Awake? Or Still Dreaming?

I've had it, also. It is just a symptom of anxiety, like everyone else said. Tiredness definitely makes it worse, as most here will attest. Get a handle on the anxiety and you will feel better.

Jude - how are you doing?

Hi, I am going through this right now actually. been struggling with it for a couple of weeks. It's a weirdness that I have NEVER before been aware of. It just feels like I am floating and I have to JOG my mind to say U ARE A REAL PERSON AND THE TV IS REAL IN FRONT OF YOU. It feels very upsetting and scary. In fact, at this point in my journey with anxiety and it's related symptoms...I am getting ANGRY at it. I mean, I want to be normal like everyone else . I think refocusing your attention can help....stop worrying about what it means to feel this way (for me it's to stop worrying that it's a sign I am heading into complete insanity).

Listening to music helps, talking with people, and most of ALL DON'T STOP LIVING YOUR LIFE. Gradually, over time you will feeel better atleast this is what I tell myself. I think it's true that it is the way the mind somewhat takes a break if you will because we are constantly processing and analyzing and sorting stimuli. I think the brain just says ENOUGH ALREADY and the effect is the blankness and emptiness and detached FEELINGS.

Tell me what u think.
    Starlet_24

yeah, i completely agree with you. i get the same feelings. but ive been getting better right after i realized that it is normal, and the feeling of being normal came right afterwards especially seeing a lot of people on this board go through the same thing.
    it used to be that i would feel out of it all day, and have periods of normality...but now i feel normal most of the day, and have periods of spaciness...i think thats a good step forward.
    point is, dont let it scare you, it goes away once you agree with it, the more you fight it the more your brain doesnt want to hear it and the more spaced out you are, but as soon as you stop worrying about it, your brain wont have to deal with your extra anxiousness....
    stan

[When I look at the world around me, my keyboard, my TV, my monitor, my room, the road, cars, ANYTHING, its like I am very VERY detached from it, everything looks really surreal, like I have had 3 triple vodkas! the Stand by light on my TV is fuzzy, well its not blurred, its just like, ODD,
    <div align="right">Originally posted by Fen - 29 September 2005 : 18:57:07</div id="right">
    [/quote]

I get this all the time, its just part of anxiety and does fade as anxiety loses its grip. It feels like theres a plate glass window between me and the rest of the world, my eyesight is always fuzzy and have difficulty reading.

I felt like it tonight as we were moving house, my mates were talking to me and I felt like it couldnt take anything in.

Best to just go with it, accept it as part of anxiety and it will go. When people have got something on their mind it generally feels like ur in a world of ur own.

hi
    i suffered with a very similar thing for a long while. i started off getting panic attacks from drinking too much although i didnt realise this at the time and eventually it turned into this 24/7 feeling of unrealness. i could only describe it as my eyes felt very weird like looking through a fog. this lasted about 5 months but as i kept myself busy it eventually disappeared. after about 3 months of being totally fine my feeling of light headedness and spaced out has slowly crept back in and is now here constantly again. i dont no why but it must be due to some anxiety about something. i know how you feel cos its not like youre having panic attacks but instead its like being trapped in a constant state of anxiety without the panic attacks. ive got rid of it once and hopefully we can all get rid of it again.
    good luck.

I felt in a car the other day that things were whizzing past too fast for me to cope with...

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

Has anyone ever had this feeling like hours after an anxiety-provoking situation? I had some panic yesterday morning and I have had kind of a rough week. I was feeling OK for awhile, then I had to make some difficult phone calls to a friend, then about 2 hours afterward, I started to have some depersonalization feelings. I just thought it was strange to have that happen hours afterward.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I felt in a car the other day that things were whizzing past too fast for me to cope with...

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

<div align="right">Originally posted by desperate - 08 October 2005 : 12:53:53</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information