Thread: obsession

obsession

Hi people,
    Sorry i havent been on here much lately but wanted to report something i have notised over the past 3 weeks.
    Basically those that already know me know I have been suffering the awful panics and slight agrophobia for 3 years now.
    Lately I have had swollen saliva glands and been on several courses of antibiotics and now my tounge is slightly swollen at the back of my mouth. My doctor has now sent of for a hospital appointment for me but says it will be up to 12 weeks:( I have been worried sick about it thinking all sorts of horrible things.
    Now this is my point! I have been soooooooooo worried i cant think of anything else (thats right my panics have taken a back seat) and I have found myself doing things that i havent been able to do in years.
    I took a taxi into TOWN and met my mum there and went on a major shopping spree....i felt a little anxious but my main thoughts were on my swollen glands and whats wrong with me.
    So this gets me thinking about Panic and is it basically an obsession we have? after all i know i have worried about panic too much in the past and i wouldnt say its gone but its not getting any attention like a naughty child.
    Would love to hear your thoughts on this and I hope you are all well in yourselfs ,take care

mirryx

hi Mirry,

I think you're right. If we 'forget' to worry for a bit, we realise that we can do things just fine - it'sjust that the anxiety normally gets in the way. I have had the same thing as you in the past with menstrual cramps. I had them so bad a few times that I forgot to panic and was out and about as if nothing..

Sarah

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

My wife says that panic takes over our lives and the best way round it is to do something to take your mind off it and as much as I hate to admit it she's right.
    BTW Took my motorbike for a ride yesterday - first time I've been game to in months.
    Phill

Don't believe everything you think

You are complely right.

The panics are sparked off in our minds with our messages and thoughts we feed ourselves

Lets try to keep our thoughts in perspective
    Mind Games
    obsessive thoughts & anxiety
    Still suffering this damn "suggestive" thing..
    How to CURE yourself ! The definitive guide here..

The Battle that Rages in my Head

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Thread Information