Thread: coming off HRT...please help...

coming off HRT...please help...

Hi there, I hope someone can help me as I am getting quite desperate, I had a total hysterectomy 6 years ago, and was put on HRT, Livial or tibolone to be precise, I was 42 then, I have been on it ever since with no problems at all, in fact it has been brilliant and i would recomend it to anyone, the problem is, I have been trying to wean off them, as my doctor has advised, so i started taking them, two days, then a day off, etc, that was ok, then after about a month i started taking them one on one off, thats when it all changed, I have been feeling so depressed, no joy in life at all, crying all the time for no reason, paranoid feelings, agrophobia, night sweats, I have now given up and started taking them again every day, as i just can't cope with all the bad feelings, and after just 4 days of continuous use i feel so much better again, but i know i have got to come off them one day soon, can anybody advise me of how they came off them, and did you take natural remedies to counteract the symptoms...please help...thankyou

Re: coming off HRT...please help...

Unfortunately when one stops HRT the sypmtoms that you supressed return with a vengance which is why I didn't want to go down that route. I had a hysterectomy when I was 37, (I still have my ovaries), I found that for the 'Hot Flushes, night sweats that Mexican Wild Yam works really well it comes in tablet or cream form (I prefer the cream) there are numerous natural remedies to help with the menapause, but for me the wild yam is great!

Re: coming off HRT...please help...

Redclover is good ,but is quite expensive .Evening primrose oil ,and soya isaflones . Sue x

Thread Information