Thread: Interesting connection

Interesting connection

I have had very bad health anxiety since I was a small child and the worst part is the overwhelming panic that I need to get something looked into NOW - I cannot wait a week to see if "it" gets better in case "it" is a symptom of something terminal.
    I am at present going through process of moving house and should be moving in just over a week. We are due to exchange contracts in about 4 days then move week later but I have found this past 6 weeks since we accepted offer on house that I am feeling same way about this house moving as I do with the health anxiety - i have no patience and want to get things sorted NOW. I have realised that anything I feel I cannot control sets off this terrible panic and wanting to sort it out immediately.
    Just found it interesting that my panic etc is not soley for health problems

Re: Interesting connection

Yeah I recently discovered the same. We are moving as well and I have not yet found a school for my son, and I feel the same way about the school problem - I can't wait till I am able to speak to the teachers etc, I worry and worry and worry about it now. Same thing about the move, the new job I got (= the reason for the move), my husband finding a job, etc etc I am going crazy

i do this with everything.. this almost .. impulsiveness. like if i get in my mind i want to buy ballet flats, i will search the entire city and failing that, buy them online. random example i know but it has to all be tied. my therapist even mentioned it.
    I pack my trunk, embrace my friends, embark on the sea, and at last wake up in Naples, and there beside me is the Stern Fact, the Sad Self, unrelenting, identical, that I fled from. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

I am the same, my panic can 'latch' onto other stuff very easily too but health worries are usually the hardest ones for me becuae i suppose everything depends on your health.

I have been diagnosed with generalised anxiety disorder and health anxiety , maybe thats similar to you?

Lisa
    xxxx

Thread Information