Thread: Do or Dont?

Do or Dont?

I have been putting off taking Citalopram that the doctor prescribed me recently. I came off Effexor XR about 5 months ago and have'nt been on any medication since. Both my GP and Community Psychiatric Nurse seem to think that I can beat this without it, and have'nt really pushed the meds on me so to speak. ( They say It's yp to me ). My recovery seems to be taking forever but I do feel DIFFERENT every couple of days. I cant work out whether its a GOOD different of just DIFFERENT. Do I just keep plodding along? Has anyone taken the long route and come out smiling? or shall I just take the meds to speed the process up?

I appreciate that you cant tell me what to do, but some advice would be helpful.

Thanks

I suppose at the end of the day its your decision but its a difficult one. As you know I've decided on taking the long route and am certainly having up and down days. I suppose you have to think of the long term picture at the end of the day aswell don't you. Coming off the tablets may be difficult (I've got no experience of this so can't comment) and it may mean that you still have to deal with this when you do come off them. The other thing to consider is what effect the tablets will have on you when you first start taking them - I know that you've also been through this before so you know more about it than I do. Others who are currently taking Citalopram may be able to help you with your decision.

Its definitely a difficult decision to make but it is one you need to make as soon as possible I think. Any indecision on your behalf will be putting more stress/anxiety on you and making things worse. I have found that since I have decided not to take any sort of medication I have been able to relax more (as much as a person in an anxiety state can!!) and concentrate on my recovery plan rather than concentrate on if's and but's (if you know what I mean).

I recently bought some Valerian Root from Holland & Barratt which basically takes the edge off the anxiety and aids sleep. I have so far only taken two capsules but I feel more relaxed going to bed knowing that they are there if I need them. Worth a try for you maybe?

Good luck with your decision and if you need to chat at all you know where I am.

Rach xxxx

"True acceptance means 'facing and relaxing' - it is submission" (Claire Weekes)

Hi Anxiety,
    Only you can decide the best way forward for you, people can advice you and help you, but the decision of what you want to do has to be yours.
    Take care
    Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwitten'

hi anx,

at the end of the day its your choice.

im not sure how you've worked out that the med route is quick and non med is slower, although im sure alot of drug companies would promote that kind of info.

you dont know how long your recovery will take and nobody can tell you - take the clock off of it, keep it positive and keep trying you'll get there in the end .. tc andrew

Thread Information