Thread: does anyone ever feel anxiety worse when theyv got a hangover?

does anyone ever feel anxiety worse when theyv got a hangover?

hi just wondering if anyone can help,

i suffer from health anxiety, general anxiety and occasionally panic attacks, i also get depersonalisation sometimes when i feel anxious. This seems to get worse when i hav a hangover, is this normal? i am constantly worried, got a hangover now and i feel like everything is a bit detatched from me, also very shakey, twitchy and my heart is racing and im overbreathing. I get this quite a lot anyway but always bad when ive drank the nite before.

if anyone else gets the same thing wen they are hungover please let me know coz it mite calm me down a bit to know its normal.

please help

clare

xxx

Re: does anyone ever feel anxiety worse when theyv got a hangover?

arnt alone, with me it lasts ages. Thought iwas doing better until i got drunk, the next day i was just a wreck and its gotten worse.

It is no surprise your anxiety is worse with a hangover.

This is something that is well understood.

I actually experience the opposite. Whenever I have no energy, my anxiety tends to be less. But, everyone is different. I assume that in my case it's because I have a real "issue" to focus on. I've also noticed that if I have a cold I don't worry about other health issues and my anxiety tends to go down.

thank you all for writing back,
    i wish i cud be distracted from it, if i hav a cold i think its some horrible desease, (at the moment swine flu) i find something to worry about in every singe situation. when im hungover i worry that i am going to die and it will be my own fault for going out and drinking too much. when i feel normal i can see hw silly im being. i dont drink any more than any normal girl my age, probably a lot less than some so there would be no reason for it to harm me but i cant help thinking these thoughts and worrying, its so tiring. i am constantly won out, how ca i break this cycle. i no i shud probably stop going out drinking but im only doing what everyone else my age does. why cant i just be normal.
    xxx

If everyone else your age is doing it and they don't drop dead all the time, chances are you won't either. Unless you die from alcohol poisoning (which you'd know by now) your chances of dying from a night of heavy drinking are SUPER minimal. Think about all the people in the world who do it every night. Think about all the people who drink all day every day for YEARS.

I'm not saying it's a good thing to get wasted, I'm just putting it into perspective for you. In general, most people who die from alcohol related deaths (aside from severe alcohol poisoning and drunk driving) die from many years of chronic use. They also tend to die slowly, not just drop-dead one day from a hang over.

But I understand where you're coming from. I've been a moderate drinker for 10 years now. I often do through the guilt/worry cycle.. but I don't stop either.

In fact, I'm hungover right now too. :P

thanks mandy,

i no im an idiot, im the same as you, ive drank since i was 16 and it never bothered me so dnt no y its starting now, thanks for reasuring me.
    hope ur hangver was worth it and u had a great nite x

If I've drunk a lot the night before my anxiety gets MUCH worse for a day afterwards. Ocassionally, if I'm lucky, I don't feel much difference in my anxiety the nexy day but that's pretty rare :(

Thread Information