Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello and Fear of dying

Hello and Fear of dying

Hi, my names Gemma, i'm young mum to 2 beautiful children aged nearly 4 and 5 months.

For the last 3 months i have started to have a fear of dying, i worry that i won't get to see my children grow up. Before i started feeling like this i always saw myself growing old with my wonderful husband but all i think of now is what if. I hate feeling like this and wish i could feel 'normal' again. I'm seeing a councellor and sometimes i think it helps but when i have a low day i wonder if it is helping.

I'm trying to stay positive but when i do have bad days i'm convinced that there really is something wrong with me and that i'm going to die.

I keep telling myself 'i will get through this and come out the other side, i will do it for my children and husband, i know it will take time but i WILL get there.

Gem

Hi Gemma,

What happened to trigger off those thoughts ?

You are certainly not alone with these.

Fear of death
    obsession with death, why?
    Fear of death

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hi Gemma

Welcome to the forum, you have come to the right place.
    You'll get loads of help and support here.

Take care

Elaine x

I'm not too sure what triggered these thoughts off. I have been suffering from postnatal depression so that hasn't helped.

I think that the main cause of it is that i'm so happy with my life at the moment, it's perfect (apart from me feeling like this) that i keep expecting something to go wrong. Like all mum's i want to be there for my children but i keep thinking what if something does happen to me. I just don't want to die.

I was a young mum at 18y i now have 4 kids now and I'm 28y. I have the same fear but my fear dosn't effect me much anymore these day's unless I'm realy forced to face it for some reason usaly by my sister she just love to talk about that but my 6 year has also talk about it since she was about 3 after we lost our nana.

Are you taking any meds, what eva it is that scare's you about so much need'd be chalenge by telling your self truthfull fact based information instead of going in to a what if converstation. This may be hard but if it a daily fear that you just get positive past fact's will help ease you fear over time.

In stead of telling your self that you would hate to not see them grow up focus on having fun with your kids. When you feel the fear starting try to just get up a get involved and have fun with them. I like to just turn the music up real loud and dance really silly with my kids just to have fun with them and take a time out from dealing with adult issue's. Look in to children's eye's and see the peace and happiness thay and inercent's of not really having to deal with the thing's that you are scared of and just remember what is what like to be a kid and get on there level have have fun the way thay have fun for while.

I think there is lot of thing's that we as parent tend to forget about and we have so much to worry about that our kids can teach us just haw to forget for while. It works for me I put all my effort in to just having fun with my kids and not worring about the world around me so much. 3 Year's later I've made huge prgress with little effort and now I'm ready to try life on my own a little bit more i can do things with my kids with ease but on my own I still a lot of work a head of me.

I hope I help.

Hey Gem,

Welcome to the site!

I also have had this same problem, which I still suffer with now. I started having these thoughts after I had my 2 children, which are now aged 6&7. I think that its when you have kids you suddenly realise how you are responsibile for this precious life, and you start thinking how you really dont want to miss a single part of it.

Its good that you are seeing a counsellor, and it can be really helpful to get all your thoughts out and try to make sense of them.

Take care,

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

These are symptoms of anxiety, you are ok , it feels terrible, but it will pass, it may return but you will slowly be stronger, medication may help

Hi Gemma

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Welcome aboard Gemma!!

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

Hi Gemma and welcome to NMP where you will get lots of support and make some new friends too. Hope that you are feeling better soon...

Take care
    Chucklehound
    xxxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information