Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: EFEXOR venlafaxine - The time is now

Re: EFEXOR venlafaxine - The time is now

Hi Birdcage,

I stumbled upon this thread of yours by accident, but I am so glad that I did. I have read through this afternoon all of the posts on here and your progress. You should be so proud of yourself for what you have accomplished, and I truly hope that you continue with PMA and wish one day that I too can be like yourself.

Good luck and much happiness for you and your family.

Ruth x

Hi manuruth, it's cagedbird by the way not birdcage

Thanks for taking the time to read my story, I am so well now, I can hardly believe it myself, I cook, clean, play with the kids, stay up late eat when I want to and not when the meds tell me to., I've lost weight, I feel happier in myself and everything is so damn clearer...

Side effects from totally stopping only lasted a couple of weeks really before I started to notice how well I was feeling.. my heart really does go out to people stuck on this med, it's a good med, but side effects were well pants. Anyway PMA is my key, I told myself I was coming off them and I did.... good luck, just believe in yourself and make it happen...

Don't know what to do with all the over meds that I have, I know that Efexor are stopping making the meds now as my chemist told me that I would be on just the generic version as the efexor is ceasing.. I have however loads of the efexor meds left as I know longer need them and haven't got a clue what to do with them.... bin... ? sell them.... ? I don't know. What does anybody reckon....?

Hi Cagedbird.
    So good to hear you are doing so well
    Could you not just take your med's back to the pharmacy and get them to dispose of them?
    I have some left and am holding on to them at the moment (a bit like a comfort blanket) but when I feel confident enough I will take mine to the pharmacy.
    I certainly wouldn't pass them onto anyone else!
    Keep up the good work

hi erin (nice name by the way) good idea, i'll keep them a while, you never know, and then give them back to the chemist and let them dispose of them . Thankyou and good to hear from you :-)
    Last edited by cagedbird; 20-11-09 at 09:57.

Hi Cagedbird,

I'm so sorry I got your name wrong, I do apologise. Just shows what state my mind is in, constantly racing etc. I am so happy for you, that you are continuing to feel well!!! I hope you have a happy christmas and a very happy new year/start.

Ruth x

Thanks Ruth, it's ok it made me giggle , thanks for your kind words....

Progress update......

Feeling - fantastic
    Sleeping - very well
    mood - mostly happy
    side effects - absolutely nothing
    sexual status - getting my libedo (?) back

Looking forward to christmas, treating my two little ones to the cinema tomorrow morning for the first time in their little lives, should be fun (unless they start screeming when the lights go out that is )

Good times folks, good times

Hope the trip to the cinema went well.
    This post gives so much hope to anyone thinking it will never get better.
    Just wish everyone on the forum could feel as good

Quote Originally Posted by erin31 View Post
    Hope the trip to the cinema went well.
    This post gives so much hope to anyone thinking it will never get better.
    Just wish everyone on the forum could feel as good
    - thanks erin31 xXx

Cinema went brill., kids were Sooooo well behaved, almost thought i'd left my two little monsters at home bless....

Taking responsability for my money "troubles" now - contacted the bank to increase overdraft, making wooden vw things and selling them on the internet to raise money, stopped my impulse spending, which I had when on the meds (well really, really trying anyway , sometimes things just slip through, only little things though, not major expensive things)

Writing to this helps alot, helps me to write my feelings and then forces me to read them back and then they sink in., if that makes any kind of sense. - soon be christmas, actually looking forward to it, for me and the family

I set out a goal a few months ago to be drug and side effect free for my family, my kids and my wife, by christmas 2009, and i can say

" I'VE DONE IT...., i've actually done it !!! "
    If I can, anyone can, you've just got to believe in yourself and as this site logo is "Just Flipping Do It" - love you all for being there ... xXx

Wink Re: EFEXOR venlafaxine - The time is now - Last Post

Well folks, hope you all had a merry christmas and make it through the new year ok...

This will be my last post to my venlafaxine thread as it marks an end to my dependance on efexor venlafaxine and also an end to my depression recovery.

It has been a long journey from before I was diagnosed with depression to this moment in time, there have been some dark months along the way, controlled with a drug i've been alive but barely living.

You only begin to realise how powerful this drug / medicine, call it as you will, is when you truely come off it. Things are very different now, my family, my kids, my role in this world we call life. You tend to appreciate the little things, the simple things that were there all along, but not so clear............ a walk in the park is so much different, the sky is clearer, the air fresher, the grass greener and the smells, particularly this time of year, the smells of the trees and the grass is so amazing.......

I give to you, my readers, one last gift for christmas and the new year, a gift from me to you, a gift of both hope and happiness.., I thankyou from the bottom of my heart for staying with me through my withdrawel off venlafaxine, I can honestly say I couldn't have done it without your support. I cut off my nomorepanic wristband the other day, a sign that symbolises to me that the circle once again is complete, I am what I was before the darkness began, i have served my time in hell and it wasn't a nice place.

I hope you all have the courage to face your demons and search inside for that person that the darkness took away from you., be positive, you only have this life. Be happy in yourself, you're better than any medicine.

I wish you a happy new year and thankyou for allowing me into your hearts., this is me saying I'm high on life., but without the meds

Good Bye, God bless xXx

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information