Thread: At last! A forum for me...

At last! A forum for me...

I've always joked about my O.C.D. with people around me but I have never had the courage to log on to a forum with other sufferers.
    I'm undergoing chemo-therapy at the moment so my thought processes are a little erratic but I'll get down a few facts quickly before trailing off...
    My OCD seems to change but the underlying theme at the moment is superstition. Always trying to keep to set paths and rituals otherwise I fear money problems will result. However this is tempered by fear that succsessful rituals will result in bad luck if used too often.
    A lot of the time I stop to break any burnt matchstick I see under my walking stick tip. I also spend ages flicking any bits of plastic rubbish away from my magazine selling pitch.
    I should be off any work but the DWP seems to think that a man with Hepatitis C, a severly damaged right leg, spine, on chemo-therapy, on opiates, and severly depressed can work. Well yes I can! For about one hour every few days....
    I've not even mentioned the OCD to my GP or Liver Team, but does anyone here think I should because it does take up great parts of my day ( when I am concious and cogent, that is )
    Tired and hurting now, must lie down for a while and try to sleep. Will write more soon...

Re: At last! A forum for me...

I have managed to go through yesterday without one of my rituals. Today I slipped back but only slightly...

Re: At last! A forum for me...

Hi there.

I have only just seen this (i don't really frequent the OCD section ) but would definitely recommend that you have a chat with your GP about it.
    I know enough about OCD to know that it is exhausting going through the rituals and you obviously have enough on your plate to deal with at the moment.
    You don't need anything else sapping your energy!
    Please let us know how you get on

Thread Information