Thread: Trying to get the chat room back on track!

Trying to get the chat room back on track!

It has been brought to our attention several times over the past few weeks that the Live chat room has not been very pleasant and members have either complained or decided not to bother going in again.

This has been due to some members in there causing a bad feeling, ignoring new users and only choosing who they want to talk to, having in-jokes or inuendos between themselves that others won't understand, unneccessary sexual talk or sexual inuendos between each other, trying to influence exisitng members to join their "group" and ignore certain members etc etc. Some of what has been happening is down and out bullying!

This was not the intention of the chat room and it should not be used as a meet-up place for members who only want to talk to each other and no-one else. There are loads of chat rooms on the internet for this purpose.

We are increasingly finding that members sign up to NMP, do their one obligatory post and then after 5 days go to chat and only ever stay in there. NMP is an online community and the chat room is a small part of the wider picture which includes the forum and website pages.

The admins are constantly having to spend a lot of time reading chat logs to try and sort problems out and it is getting to the point that they and the chat room moderators are finding chat very frustrating and at times stressful and we are in danger of losing some of these people due to these hassles.

I have decided that something needed to be done so to get things back on track a few members have had their chat room access removed for the time being (they have not been banned from NMP) and we will be reviewing any further complaints and acting on these as well.

I do not want to shut the chat room down so I am taking this action in the first instance to see if things improve.

Thank you

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Trying to get the chat room back on track!

you did right well done

Completely behind you Nic lets get this chatroom back to the friendly helpful place that has helped so many xxxx

Hi Nic

I think you have done the right thing!!!

I get in chat as often as I can but things have always seemed ok....however I remember many times in the past where we have have had idiots spoiling things

If I can help in any way other than being a mod feel free to shout!!!!

Hope You, Alex and cats are all okies

Luv Kaz x

hi guys
    yes i agree time to get back on track with chat, its not the only part of NMP but a very important part and needs to remain a safe friendly place to be

There has been an ongoing problem in the chat room for a while now which mods and admin have been aware of. We have also been looking into these problems on a daily basis to find the route cause.

ALL persons involved in this little 'Gang' have had their chat access removed.
    This is NOT up for discussion and we will not accept 'duplicate logins' created by these people either. Please do not waste your time doing this as admin will remove you permanently from the the site.

To all involved, we would just like to say that we do not do these things lightly. It takes hour and hours to go through chat logs. Pin point who is responsible for the disturbance, and then follow through till we have the full story.

Only then would we even consider taking action as has been the case tonight.

Hope this help

Regards

Lisa

Closing thread as it will just turn into another argument again.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information