Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fasting blood tests

Re: Fasting blood tests

Gosh its so scary how it can happen to anyone it still shocks me & i worked in CCU! I need to stop worrying, i really do!

I would be a wreck now if u i was in your position xx

I have learned to live with it Nickie. I am just glad to be alive I guess.

The heart attack caused problems with the Crohn's as they couldn't operate when they wanted to and I was very ill with that - so much so that they didn't give much thought to the heart as the abscesses on the bowels were far more serious.

They scared my mum and Alex saying I could bleed to death at one point and on my medical records it said "high risk of mortality".

Life is very precious so you just have to accept what has been dealt to you and do the best you can I guess. I know that I am more likely to get other things such as bowel cancer but we will face that when we have to.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Gee you poor thing, my HA seems so pathetic now eh?
    Well im glad your fine now & as for what the future can bring i guess we cant think about that- we have to live one day at a time!

Big hugs xxx

Thanks Nickie

I have never suffered HA but I had an intense fear of drugs - so much so that I wouldn't even take a paracetamol lol.

That all went out the window with the drugs they put me on and I now accept that I have to take what drugs I do.

The only thing I cannot tolerate and they kept putting me on it was Metronidazole - it made me so ill lol.

Now I am on so many - you will probably know a lot of these:

Mercaptopurine 50mg
    Lipitor (Atorvastatin) 80mg
    Plavix (Clopidogrel) 75mg
    Cardicor (Bisoprolol) 1.25mg
    Ramipril 1.25mg
    Aspirin 75mg
    Sulfasalazine 500mg

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Nickie - just realised you suffer with HA - I am so sorry if this is making you anxious!

No its not making me anxious i work full time as a nurse in A&E- soon to be ITU hun so its fine. Its my own anxieties that stress me not others.

Yeah i know all your drugs.. your taking a few- but all have there place & you need them. Metronidazole is a horrible antibiotic- it makes a lot of people poorly & smells vile!

I am really quite stressed that the last 2 years i have suffered health anxiety & prior to that i was shall we say normal. I guess one day i will accept its anxiety & perhaps let it go back where it came from. Luckily i can still lead a normal life- which is a huge relief.
    xx

I admire all nurses Nickie - it is not a nice job to do. Hmm that sounded bad but you know what I mean lol

The funny thing is that since I have been ill my anxiety and panic has taken a back seat in my life so it proves that we focus on it and once we have new things to focus on it can go!

Its very true indeed, when i was with my ex i didn't once think about my health! It wasn't until we split i started suffering again!

Just goes to show!

x

I guess our priorities change over time and when we have new issues those priorities change too.

I am reading up on HA and there are some very odd theories on how to treat it too.

I think the worlds worst enemy is the internet. Cos we can type in all these symptoms and guess what comes back......

most times it is cancer or some other life threatening disease.

We never read the pages that explain things in other ways we want to read the really really bad case scenario don't we?

I do google but I am not obsessed but now I think I have Cushings syndrome lol. But I will not diagnose it on the net, I will talk to doc if I can ever get to see her lol.

Really? Hmmm i don't know too much about it other than what causes it. I do Google a lot myself & convinced my Labrynthtis is MS but i get to see the ENT in 2 weeks so we shall see what happens!

The internet is lethal for us i agree, Dr Google is a bad DR x

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information