Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Sertraline User - strange side effects

New Sertraline User - strange side effects

Hi there - new poster to the forums!

I've been prescribed Sertraline by my GP - initially on 100mg, was asked to drop to 50mg for a week after I suffered really bad tiredness. I'm on 100mg now, which is gradually starting to settle, after almost taking it for a week.

However, I've got a side-effect that I couldn't find anywhere.. When I yawn, because of the tiredness, my jaw starts to shake - not for long, as though I'm cold - although I'm not. Initially I got that a lot when I first starting taking them at 100mg - but when I stopped for 2 days the shivering went away.. And now it's gradually started to build again after I've stepped up to 100mg..

Is this a common thing? I feel it's starting to go away slowly by itself, but found it strange I couldn't find mention of it anywhere..?

Thanks for your answers in advance everyone!

Paul.

Re: New Sertraline User - strange side effects

Hi Paul

Welcome to the site

Im on sertaline 100mg and i have this to.

Iv been on these tablets since last year and its not as bad as it was in the beginning

love mandie x

Smile Re: New Sertraline User - strange side effects

Thanks Mandie, I appreciate your answer. I guess it's something that slowly my body will adapt to over the coming weeks, or it will just wear off by itself.

I also feel my legs go a little bit weaker during these shivering periods, although again that isn't as bad as it was when I first started.

Thanks again!

Paul.

Hi

There can be so many side effects with these bloomin anti d's!!!

But id rather have them than the anxiety lol

mandie

[QUOTE=beanfeed;537606]Hi there - new poster to the forums!

I VE BEEN ON CITOLOPRAM...FOR 4MONTHS NOW.....EVERY WEEK I EXPIRINCE SOMETHING WEIRD( ......SO I DECIDED TO CHANGE AND MAYBE GET ON SERTRALINE........I HAD ENOUGH OF THE SUICIDAL THOUGHTS AND HURTING MYSELF......I CANT HANDLE THE MENTAL TORTURE.....
    SO PLS HAVE ANYONE TAKEN SERTRALINE...ARE THEY MILDER AS THEY SAY......CANT BEAR THE SIDE EFFECTS ANY MORE ,TOO LONG.......NOT REALL PROGRESS ON CITOLOPRAM.....
    PLEASE WRITE TO ME AS I GIVE UP ON MY BLOODY GP...EVERYTIME HE SAYS WAIT 2WEEEKS AND ANOTHER 2WEEKS....ITS BEEN A TORTURE IUN MY HEAD........
    PLEASE GIVE ME SOME FEEDBACK ON SERTRALINE PLEASE

What you experiencing is normal - I am about 12 weeks into sertraline
    the first 10 day were tough.
    By day 14 felt amazing,

Had a nasty blip at week 4 but now everything is much much better.

My advise for what its worth is to hang on in there - it takes a good 8 weeks o really feel the benefits. have a search on here for sertraline there are lots of threads which will reassure you.

Good luckx

Hey beanfead,

Yeah I have unusual yawning sensations with both Seroxat and Setraline. I get a slight feeling of weakness in my legs and shivery when I yawn. Though yawning is a side effect and I have heard the term 'yawngasm' when I searched around on the net for individuals experiencing similar effects.

Take Care

Nathan

Hey Paul - I have that jaw thingy aswell - its like my jaws rattle for a bit! It seems to have settled now after 2 weeks on 50mgs of Lustral. I am really really tired tho - I feel so guilty that DH gets up with the smallies on his days off but I literally cannot open my eyes! I'm going up to 100mgs in a couple of weeks - I will be a complete zombie by then I reckon! Would love to chat online and maybe help each other thru the next couple of weeks if you're interested? Hope you're having a good day today are you still working?

I'm on my first day taking sertraline for anxiety, and so far i just feel like there's a big pressure pushing down on my forehead - somthing i used to get with my anxiety quite a lot. does anyone know if you're ok to take paracetamol with it?

thanks very much

Hey bettybetty

Your anxiety symptoms may be a little worse during the first week or two while your body adjusts and yes paracetamol is safe to take with Sertraline it might make you a little drowsey but there some caution with any NSAID's like Ibruprofen.

Regards

Nathan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information