Thread: Paranoia or what?

Paranoia or what?

I know that I have a tendency to overanalyse everything and read too much into every little thing that happens, but I'm wondering if I'm just being paranoid now or if anything is actually up...

I've just got off the phone with someone who I've had an on/off relationship-ish-type-thing for the last year and he seems... off with me.

He's recently found out some stuff about me (health anxiety, general anxiety, depression) that I was expecting him to be ok with, because he was ok with my self harm scars that were pretty hard to ignore

There's nothing specific about anything he said, I just have this general feeling that something's not right, it's making me feel panicky and generally pretty sh*t, I can't take my mind off it and I'm getting panicky, racing heart, overbreathing etc and I don't know why!!!

Am I just being ridiculous? I wish I didn't have to overanalyse every word everyone ever says to me I need to reign this in before it becomes a full blown panic.

Re: Paranoia or what?

I did... nothing's wrong, nothing is bothering him...

Still bothering me though, I wish my stupid mind would just leave me alone :(

Thanks xx

Re: Paranoia or what?

Unfortunately many "normal" people are unsure how to deal with us panic/depression victims. I have been married 22yrs and never had panic attacks when i met my husband and for many yrs of our time together..it was only when big stressful lifetime events occured that i started to get panics having children and mortgage ..money difficulties etc.. that panic rose its ugly head.
    Now panic attacks and anxiety has become a way of life for me whenever confronted with high levels of stress ...my kids are grown up and we dont have money worries but still panic comes and goes... now most dont understand me on this one including my husband but i dont really expect him or others to ...he/they have never suffered ..thats something i have learned to live with ..the only people who truely know are those that have done this walk themselves....you can try and ask him whats up and maybe get the answer you want ...but in reality "normal" people cant see this thing that is going on in our heads so we cannot always expect them to make sense of it all...maybe you are worrying too much he may not have a problem with it , maybe just dont know how to resond...try not to worry yourself too much it's probably nothing too concerning...hope all works out ok take care Jodiex

Thread Information