Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tribunal disallowed for incapacity benefit can anyone give me some advice

Re: tribunal disallowed for incapacity benefit can anyone give me some advice

no i had a paper hearing as i could not attend in person,i wasnt aware i could get someone else to go for me,i am going to appeal against the tribunals decision,do you think i should contact the cab or a welfare organisation
    thanks for your help
    jo

Yes, get as much advice as you can. If possibly make an appointment with a Welfare Rights Advisor. If you have difficulty going out, it might be possible for them to come to you. I don't really know if you can appeal an appeal, but there should be something you can do. Don't give up. That's what they want you to do. And if you have another appeal, go along to it. I know it's not easy, but decisions are more likely to go your way if you're there. I believe the stats for successful appeals are: paper appeals: 30%, if you attend: 50% if you take an advocate: 70%. Take someone with you - a Welfare Rights Advisor should agree to go and speak on your behalf. Good luck.

Angry Re: tribunal disallowed for incapacity benefit can anyone give me some advice

Quote Originally Posted by fizz View Post
    hi guys,
    i had my incapacity benefit stopped in december,i have today received the tribunals decision that my appeal has been disallowed,i am just wondering if this has happened to any of you,did you appeal against this decision and what was the outcome,,i realise they have a job to do,but i only needed one point,i just feel a bit deflated im claiming this money because i am unable to work due to suffering from panic attacks,just wondered if anyone can help
    thankyou joanne
    I was also dissallowed my incapacity appeal,i scored 7 points at medical assessment and all i got was a load of trick questions both at medical and tribuneral.Im going to take it to a second tier tribuneral as i also suffer from panic attacks.They just think were all liars.Karen.

Hey guys - read all the posts and it does indeed seem a cruel cruel world out there. However, the government has got to do something to reduce the high level of social benefits paid out and they have to start somewhere - I think what we have to remember is that for every one of us on this site genuinely suffering with mental health issues, there will be other people who know how to work the current system to their advantage.

Great pointer about the advocacy - if 70% are successful as opposed to the paper stat - definitely the way to go!

Keep appealing and chin up to all those stuck in this situation at the moment.

Would just also like to say that working has kept me afloat too and even if you are not fit to work 5 days a week in paid employment, I am sure that you could always find some voluntary work to do just to get you out of the house and concentrating on something other than your illness. It really does work - even on my worst days when I really do not want to go out and feel dreadful, the fact that I have to go makes me go and more often than not I am absolutely fine.

can any 1 help me im 29 and have had my ib disallowed the cab are helping me at the mo as im currently in appeal to the tribunal service. i went to the medical and from the off she didnt really want to know and has blatently lied on my test and has given me zero points i suffer depression social phobia and do not leave the house unless im with some1 ive never had problems before but can any1 tell me or give me some advice on what to expect from the tribunal as im petrified !

Hi George

It may be better to start this as a new post rather than add to this old one from another member.

You may get more replies that way.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information