Thread: bird phobia

bird phobia

Hi I'm Ann , I am 65 and have a bird phobia since I was little. Had several treatments which don't seem to work and have been waiting for NHS treatment for 2 years so I have now joined No Panic . If there is anyone else out there with this problem let me know.
    New to this site so not sure how to use it yet.
    Ann

Re: bird phobia

Hi.....I dont personally have this phobia but Im sure that it probably provokes the same anxious thoughts/feelings as other fears and phobias so you arent alone here! Im new to this site aswell - and I hope you can get some help and support here. Thats not great that you have been waiting 2 years for NHS treatment - could you maybe ring them and see how much longer you have to wait?

Although I dont know much about bird phobia I can imagine it must be restricting for you - did you ever see that phobia thing they did a while back on (I think) GMTV - as far as I can remember, there was someone there with the same phobia as you and they used exposure therapy although it was very closely monitered.

Can I ask if it is all birds or just ones that are free? I really hope you can get some help for this becauase having the phobia since you were little cant be nice for you

Best wishes x

Thread Information