Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HELP!!! I AM NEW AND SCARED...

Hi Pam,

Oh I can so relate to what your going through. I was on Zoloft for a year because of constant panic attacks. I ended up in the emergency room thinking i was dying. The zoloft helped like you wouldnt believe. I was able to wean myself of it after a year, as it does have some side affects i didnt like, but nothing like the panic disorder!!! I had a slight relapse this last month hence my finding this forum, but i was able to fight it without the zoloft this time (though i was about to pick up the phone and make an appt). Anyway, I think the zoloft will heip you, and I know its hard, but you have to keep reinforcing the fact that its panic, and nothing bad is gonna happen.

Please feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Laura

Hi Pam,

I'm glad you were able to find this site. I started off on Ativan when I had my first panic attack because it was assumed by my MD and psychologist that I would probably not have a problem with reoccuring panic attacks. Unfortunately, that was not the case with me. I definately would check out the posts people have made on this site. One thing I would recommend is reading up on anxiety and panic attacks. When I initially had panic attacks, I had no clue about what was going on with me. I read this great book called Overcoming Anxiety for Dummies and learned a lot about the physical aspects of anxiety as well as coping methods.

Chris

Hi and again, thank you to all of you who have posted in response to me. I have had not too much time to peruse the site for more information....I just adopted an abused English Setter from a shelter in Iowa...very far from Pennsylvania where I live. His name is Tuck and he is a fabulous doggy. He has lots of energy and today I was taking him out for a ride to the grocery and before I got him into the car, he saw somethin and tugged on the leash and sent me plummeting face first into the bumper of my car....doggy ran off, I thought I lost an eye...blood everywhere..I panicked and ran to a neighbors....bloody nose, black eye. I cryed for about 2 hours....got more PA and feel like the whole world is coming down on me. So tonight I will just keep trying to keep it together. Zoloft day 1....no ativans so far....a bit of wine...I am trying....arggghhhh!!!!

I forgot to say Doggy is back!!!!

Oh My Goodness Pam,

I do hope you are alright. Of all things to happen whilst trying to keep the PA under control ey? Good the doggy is back, but how bout yourself are you okay? Post to let us know how you are. Good luck on the Zoloft.

Take care, be careful,

Diana xxxxxx

Hi Pam,

Glad no real harm done and Tuck is back.

I'm so pleased you're cutting way down on the ativan and wine.

Keep it going and do ask us for help if you want to..

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Hi to everyone....I am ok today with a headache and black eye. 1/2 Ativan before bed last night, none today (so far). Got some financial relief,took some of the worry away... kept talking myself out of panic...worked so far. I am taking it easy today. Any knowledge on going off of Ativan???I have heard horror stories about it. I am going slow.

I will check back in later. I did reply to a couple of other peoples topics. Will continue as I have the time.

Thanks and again...blessings to you all.
    Pam

Hi Pam,

Getting off ativan is similar to getting off oxazepam - see current thread.

Good to know there is one less worry for you.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Heres the thread so you dont have to search

I need Help!!

hi pam.

how come you had a black eye?

hugs rachel xx

Rachel,

Look back at page 1 ..

Meg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information