Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HELP!!! I AM NEW AND SCARED...

Meg, thank you for the link. I will check it out tonight. No ativans today yet!!!! Twinges of PA, but still under control. I love days like today, I dont have them often....when I feel almost normal....I hope it continues. I have an accupuncture appt. tomorrow with a good friend who is a Doctor of Chinese Medicine. I am kind of cash poor right now so I am trading her crystals...I am very into rocks and crystals and their healing properties. My house is full of giant amethyst geodes and crystals!!!! I also have a Labyrnth in my back yard to walk and meditate...I sort of had an epiphiny last night and realized that I had gotten so far away from my holistic and spiritual practices....this site has been a great help to me so far and I am very greatful to all who make this possible...must cost alot to upkeep the site????

Blessing, Pam

Dear Pam,

I just discovered this thread today because I have been on vacation for awhile. You sound so much like me. I had my first panic attack almost 2 years ago, shortly after turning 45. It just came out of the blue, as you described. Fortunately for me I was at my doctor's office at the time! I was prescribed Xanax, and like you, drank wine to calm myself. It's very upsetting to wonder where your old self has gone to.

You're so lucky to have found this forum. I went for a long time without really knowing what to do. Since I have found the wonderful people at this site, I have started to understand a lot more. Just understanding what's going on helps to reduce the anxiety. I used to feel like I was going insane sometimes. Now I just reassure myself that the weird feelings are simply anxiety, and I'm alright. I still have anxiety and the occasional panic attack, but it is getting better. I even flew on a plane last week without Xanax! (There were actually a total of five flights on our trip, and only one was Xanax free, but hey, it's a very big improvement, lol!)

Best of luck to you!

Good to hear you're doing so well Litheth !!

Where have you been ? it sounds like a great trip .

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Hiya Lilith,

Great news!!!!! , good for you. Keep up the good work. So glad you are doing much better. Do post to let us know where you went. sounds fun. Keep posting to let us know how you are getting along.Keep those positive thoughts flowing.

Take care dear,

Diana xxx

Thanks, guys. We went to Hawaii. That's 2 six hour flights from NY. I took .25mg of Xanax when I woke up on the morning we were leaving (about 5 am), but I don't think I needed it. By the time we got to the second leg of the trip, from LA, it was about 2pm, I think. The Xanax had worn off and I was getting nervous. I took one out of the bottle while we waited at the gate, and just held it in my hand. We boarded, and about 10 minutes after taking off I felt comfortable enough to put it back in the bottle! The third flight was a very short one halfway through the vacation, from Hawaii to Maui, and I felt fine. Coming home, we flew out at 11PM, and I took the Xanax, but mainly to help me sleep.

Unfortunately I didn't have enough nerve to do the usual helicopter tour of the islands, or go out on a whale-watching boat tour. But we actually saw whales from our hotel balcony (!!) so I didn't feel too bad about that.

How wonderful..

I was lucky enough to stay on Kuwai island for 10 days a few years ago and there were dolphins playing in the bay which our rented house overlooked. It was very special.

Meg

Wow Lilith,

What a great time you must have had, and you coped wonderfully!!!!! Good for you. How was Hawaii? I have been wanting to go myself for my 15th year wedding anniversary, however I have heard it is very expensive there. Were you able to get any good deals? Do you have any suggestions on where or how to get the best deals for such a vacation? Keep up the great work, you are doing just fine.

Take care,

Diana xxxx

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information