Thread: Signs from blood tests......

Signs from blood tests......

I dont know if there are many medical people on here, but I had some blood tests done about a month ago as I told my doctor my fears about my health.

He said to re-assure me he would do a raft of blood tests to see if there was anything going on 'in the background'.

They came back fine.

But what I need to know is....if there was any possibility that I had the big C, would it have been noticeable from my blood tests?? The doc said he tested my liver, bowel, kidneys, thyroid. I just need to be re-assured that if there was anything suspicious, it would be visable from the tests.

Sorry to pester, but having a real tough time keeping my anxiety in check at the moment.

Dan

The only test I know of is if your blood shows white cells I believe.
    Not that it means cancer but the check for all things.
    I am no Doctor or in the health field, but have worried sick about tests before.
    Just ask him why he thought there was something in the background. But remember all came out well and there is no need to worry because your testing was fine.
    tt

TT

Hi,

The doctor, didnt think that there was something in the background. I had told him of my health anxiety and he said that the blood tests would show if anything was lurking behind the scenes, so to speak. As I say, they came back fine, but I'm still feeling a bit run down.

Plus, I've been having a few digestive probs. Nothing too bad, but it seems to be going on for the last couple of months. Aching side, and lower back ache. Seems to last for a while and (sorry to be so graphic) feels like a build up of wind. Needless to say, when the wind passes, it seems to ease.

Just the fact that its been going on for so long is freaking me out something terrible. I'm really scared.

hi have you had tests done for IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)? cos that could be cause of your build up of wind in your stomach?
    im not medicaly minded so dont know if it would show up on blood tests

darren

There is light at the end of the tunnel its just fiding it thats the hard part

Hi Darren,

The doc said that the blood tests 'could not have been more normal'. He said that could tell from the tests that my bowel was fine, but I must admit that IBS has been something I have been thinking about for a while.

I just keep wondering if I go back to the doctors, apart from all of the tests I have already have that have all come back clear, is there anything else that they could do?

My wife has had similar symptoms and she thinks it could be a nasty virus we have, but to go on for over two months? Then I think that maybe its a virus combined with stress which is causing me discomfort. And to top it all off, (and I'm so sorry to be graphic) I've now got an ache in the left side of my groin.

My wife said she thinks I'm holding all my tension in the left side, but I just want to be re-assured that there is nothing seriously wrong with me physically. How the hell can I get back to my old self?

I feel like I'm going out of my mind with panic I'm so scared.

Dan,

What you had done were the usual health profiles.

There are 1000000's of other tests available to doctors but unless there is a real specific clinical picture they are following, many are not conclusive alone.

White cell count shows infection and inflammation mainly which can come from any source.

Have you been paying extra attention to your diet and exercise/ lifestyle?

There is a whole page deveoted to IBS on our home pages.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Thread Information