Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Pub!!!

hi
    have now agreedto go t a hen night in nov , i am trying to get a social life again , and paid deposit so im commited i am concerned about going in a23 seater limo ! and not being able to leave when i want but dont want to miss out on jurney as probably will be fun so coupled with the whole drinking thing its become another thing to worry abiut I AM SAD
    still at least i am agrreing to go last year i wouldnt have just have to get there tho hmm
    dan

hey dan,

it's not sad at all!!

you know u don't have to drink if u don't want to? or just have a few glasses of wine?

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

Desperate- you have been doing so well, don't let this pub thing get in the way, if its that important to you , you'll give it another go soon when you're feeling in a different mind set to tackle it when you're not tired etc

Dan- 23 seater limo - wow- what fun tazzing about town in that in all your glad rags.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

desperate
    thanks i no i dont have too drink but i did used to enjoy the odd tipple i suppose i should have a trial drinking run before
    and im sure you will manage a pub when you are ready remember you dont have to stay let me no how it goes when you are up to going
    yes meg the 23 seater sounds fun might even go to get hair done ( its been 6months as i get anxious in hairdresser oh god it gets worse ha ha ha )
    happy thought to all
    dan

I get anxious in the hairdressers too....think it's coz i know i've got to sit their sometimes!!

Just to say i went to the pub the other day and spend an hour and a half there....was quite quiet mind and had half a pint....small steps hey! i was ok there, i find it hard with the depression to and feel like i've got to put on a bit of an act sometimes...had a bit of rescue remedy in the loos to as walking there ade me quite anxious too.

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

your not alone, i found my self liie this tonight. i felt like i had a apill, convinced my self i had drinkl spiked. so embarressed! xxx

apriltones

There is no way I can get in a pub unless it is in the middle of the day with 6 clients including children. I would love to be able to, for 24 years I have gone out every other week with husband and relations, then for last 18 months it has been a no go area, Im not sure why, alot of it has to do with people in my space, everybody talking at once,altho once over this was a buzz for me. to get to the front of the queue before it was my turn etc,anyway no good going on, just to let you know you are not alone,

Alexis

hi alexis....same here really.....same time spell as well 18months although i tried not to avoid it i guess.

i think it's the pressure to seem like u r having a good time sometimes that does me in.

I also feel anxious in pubs. They're so intimidating to me. I'm working on it tho.

Glad to hear it Boy, sometimes i'm ok just others when there is lots of noise etc i find too much.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information