Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: inositol

inositol

Hello,
    I started taking inositol about a week or so ago now and although i feel a bit better i was just wondering if anyone else has taken it, and if so what results did you have and how soon did you notice them.
    I'm taking it more for depression than anxiety but i have felt agitated with interrupted sleep which i've never suffered with that much before as i tend to sleep more if i've suffered stress and anxiety in the past. If anyone has any advice on it or anything else that you've taken for depression and it's worked i'd much appreciate your comments. Thanks

Re: inositol

What is inositol? and where do you get it?

Joy

it's a natural remedy for stress and anx etc and i got it from holland and barratt. It's meant to be really good and is natural so thought it was worth a try.

There are loads of similar threads if you look at the bottom of this screen - have a read of them - may help

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I haven't heard of inositol making someone's sleep worse -- the medical trials I read about said it improves sleep.

I find inositol improves my quality of sleep by a factor of 1000 and also improves my nerves and sense of general well-being. I don't notice any negative effects other than increased tiredness.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Hiya Ive started taking Inositol and got it from Holland and Barrett im also taking it with vitB6. On the bottle it says to take up to 3 so im taking 3-1950mg in the morning and feel a bit tired and spaced out a while after takin them but am not sure if it is psychosymatic!? Does anyone kno if i can take more than 3 as some internet sites say u can take up to 18g a day?
    I do feel better tho and nowhere near as anxious!

Thanks to all who have posted about this. I'd never heard of it before but am giving it a try, particularly for the moment in the hope it will help me in my second attempt to get off my current ADs.

May be coincidence as I've only had a few so far but last night I was in a really irritable mood with my family cos of all the housework I had to do - tonight feel really quite calm!

had to some research!

Patients suffering from clinical depression generally have decreased levels of inositol in their cerebrospinal fluid.[6]
    Some preliminary results of studies on high dose inositol supplements show promising results for people suffering from problems such as bulimia, panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, agoraphobia, and unipolar and bipolar depression.[6]
    Myo-inositol has been found, in a single double-blind study on 13 patients, to significantly reduce the symptoms of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) with effectiveness equal to SSRIs and virtually without side-effects.[7] In a double-blind, controlled trial, myo-inositol was superior to fluvoxamine for decreasing the number of panic attacks and had fewer side effects.[8] A double-blind, placebo-controlled study of depressed patients showed that a high dose of inositol (12 grams daily) resulted in significant improvement of symptoms, with no changes noted in liver, kidney, or hematological function.[6] (WIKIPEDIA)

Hello jane,
    I'm glad to hear of your progress with inositol, i am still persevering with mine as i am determined not to have to take ad's despite my feeling depressed now for a few months. I have been taking it now for about two weeks and i have recently upped my dose as i am taking the powder form which is meant to be easier to increase if needed. I am not dead against meds but personally feel that if something natural works then it has to be better, but that is just my opinion(not the opinion of NMP lol!) Let me know of any more progress or not you feel on it, no pressure though lol!

Hi freudian nightmare,

Agree with what you say about natural things being better.

Oddly enough, I couldn't sleep last night and then had some very weird dreams but I'll see how it goes

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information