Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: inositol

Re: inositol

Hello again,
    I think i am starting to feel a bit better since taking inositol, my agitation and restlessness has improved somewhat and my sleep or lack of it is becoming more restful i feel. I do think natural remedies tend to take that bit longer to take effect but i feel the wait is worth it despite at times being tempted to take ad's. Each to their own of course everyone is different but i thank nmp and certain members for making me aware of inositol which before i hadn't even heard of. Thanks again and best wishes xx

I'm glad it is working for you -- at this point I dont know anyone apart from you who is using inositol alone. If I could go back in time 6 months I would have used inostiol, hypnotherapy and self-help hypnosis from day one.

Inositol is expensive but worth it.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

hi
    been reading threads about inositol with interest and trying myself now for only week so early days yet, how long you both been taking them ? freudian and pshycho

Can inositol be taken safely along with SSRIs?

I don't know, because if it has simler effects as SSRI's, I would do some research and ask my doctor.

Found this: insoitol does not seem to work with SSRI drugs synergistically. Using the two of them together is no better than using one or the other. Currently, it does not seem that a SSRI non-responder will see improvement with a inositol use. Any1 any further info:

While it's true that SSRIs and ionositol do not seem to complement one another in the limited medical tests that have been done so far, I still find that I am better off when taking inositol; this may show I'm on the wrong dose of citalopram, or that citalopram is not having a 100% beneficial effect for me, or maybe inositol DOES have additional benefits alongside SSRIs for some people. Medical testing has not been extensive enough or large scale enough to know for sure. All I can say is what I know from experience.

It IS safe to take inositol alongside SSRIs. Inositol does NOT interact with citalopram, or at least it didn't in any of the tests performed so far; if it did, then it would not be safe to take SSRIs, as inositol is always present in the human body.

Thanks PsychoPoet - I've got Inositol in , may have to have a think about this

Hello,
    Nice to have so much response to the inositol thread, it was because of psychopoets thread on his experience with it that encouraged me to try it so thanks again. I've been taking mine for about 2 weeks now steveo5, natural remedies can take a little longer than conventional treatment so you may have to persevere with it another week or so before you see any effects. Im taking the powder form which i'm glad as i've increased it quite easily although i will need to replace quite soon as it's getting a bit low. I don't take ssri's as well as but was prescribed prozac which i have held off taking for now as i wanted to try a natural remedy first which i tend to do with most ailments i have. I did try st johns wort first but didn't feel it was strong enough, i think it's o.k for mild depression but not moderate to severe. Thanks again for feedback and i'd love to hear of others' experience with inositol, good or bad. x
    Last edited by freudian nightmare; 03-09-09 at 20:55.

Freud, keep going with the inositol, I say this partly from scientific curiosity but also because if it works for you, I may drop-kick my box of citalopram up Doctor Page's nose!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information