In India, generally after eating, the utensils go to the sink and we clean it up at the end of the day, or the maid comes and does it at the end of the day.

I have moved the UK recently, I live in a flatshare where the utensils are shared. I have been leaving tea cups in the sink and loading it later into the dish washer at my convinience. I also noticed other dirty utensils near or on the sink and have been loading them too.

One morning, every utensil was on the sink and while I started loading it my land lady told me " have you been loading everybodies ", she said "the others have to learn to clean after themselves, you only load yours".

- - I felt wierd about it and started thinking and realized may be she was
indirectly trying to tell me, I am not cleaning after finishing. From then
on I am ensuring that I leave nothing on the sink.

- - Today there is a bottle of wine on the kitchen and two cups on the
wine glass, is that how english people generally say they are offering
wine? I also was surprised to find a bottle of cough syrup on my
fridge tray.

I may be reading too much from it, I thought, the land lady had bought wine for the other two tenants for making up for the problems due to sink not being empty and had kept cough syrup on my firdge tray to tell me thats not for me. -> I am having a cultural adjustment issue. I may be reading everything wrong , or may be some of it wrong.

Should I appologize in person for having left tea cups on the sink on not doing immidiately or is it better to leave a note of appology. I get a feeling, I may be terribly mistaken, which may be my anxiety/ paranoia or may be reality. What is it really?