Thread: AFIB? Or Bad Heart Rhythm HELP?

AFIB? Or Bad Heart Rhythm HELP?

I have been experiencing something at night. My heart rate seems to be normal and is about 69 to 72 to 76 .

I try to lay down and let my body just relax and breathe slowly and calm myself. As I do and get relaxed I notice my heart skips with a thud and then a beat and then another thud and then a beat and then another thud. then resumes its normal rhythm then it repeats and does the same thing over
    and over until I sleep. During the night I can feel a missed beat here and there
    but the most pronounced ones are just as im trying to sleep.

I have woken up several times during the night and my heart seems to be around 69 to 76. I have been concerned that I might have some type of AFIB or Rhythm problem or is this just regular pvc's or pac's or ethopic beats ?

I have been checked out by the doctor this last year and ask if I could have test and they told me that test were a waste of money that I did not have a heart issue and had no symptoms of such. I asked about the sounds in my heart and they said what sounds and I told them . Also I asked about skipped beats and they said everybody had them. I also asked about my murmur and they listened to my chest again and said what murmur.

I don't know what happened but a few years ago I had a murmur but now its not there. They said they didn't hear any other sounds. I have asked my wife many times to listen to my heart and she only hears a lub dub too.

I can hear my heartbeat and hear an occassional lub dub dub lub. I have been doing a litte research about Afib and that was probably a BAD THING ,,,not going to do that again,,, But it says alot of times you don't even know you have AFIB.. or it could come and go in a few seconds ,hours or even days. Others say there are some symtoms. I guess I have felt out of

breath lately because I have been thinking my heart beat wasn't beating correctly and it was causing me not to breathe correctly .Thus the other post I made today. Anyone that has any knowledge of Afib or Rhythm problems please post me????????? I am worried sick and really need some reassurance. Im getting where I worry so much at night im sure it affects me when im trying to go to sleep. Thanks in advance!

Re: AFIB? Or Bad Heart Rhythm HELP?

Lookingforanswers

What a school boy error my friend, researching things when you haven't had a proper diagnosis of that being the problem, you will drive yourself mad .

Let me tell you what I get. Sometimes, and is is often at rest, I get this THUD right in my chest, then like a flutter. It all happens in a flash, but it used to have my mind focused on that it was the pre-cursor to some nasty heart condition. It almost feeling like I am in a lift (err sorry, elevator) that stops suddenly.

This is an ectopic beat. It scares the hell out of you, but, it is harmless, and yes, almost everyone gets them. Infact, if you are the athletic type (no not me lol) then being really fit still means you get them.

As I undertand it though, in some people, they are more aware of them, while in others, they still happen, but actually pass without notice.

It is no coincidence that you "notice" this when you are trying to relax, lets face it, that would be the time when you would be most aware.

As a professional KIA, I would suggest that you do go get a test done, not because I think it's anything sinister, it sounds to me like those pesky, harmless ectopic beats, but if you really are stressing about it my friend, you may just need to hear it from a Doctor to finally allow you to put it to bed.

Good luck mate

Jaco

P.S. professional KIA? I have the certificate to prove it, Know It All

Re: AFIB? Or Bad Heart Rhythm HELP?

When we are in a heightened state of anxiety we seem to notice every little thing our body does and the funny heart beats is the one that half scared me to death, but once i was reasured by gp and cardiologist my ticker was fine they seemed to go away, but i have been a bit edgy this week and notided them in bed again and i know its just im more aware of my body at the moment. Have you tried eating something cold when they happen thats what my gp said to do. But to be honest i havnt bothered as i know they are harmless

Thread Information