Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: sertraline withdrawal

sertraline withdrawal

hey there folks.
    Is there anyone who can tell me how long it is before the body is free of sertraline after withdrawal? I've been on this withdrawal for weeks now , reducing the dosage, and now is day 15 without any at all .I was wondering if the symptoms I'm still getting mean that the drug is still 'hovering' in my body .......I would be grateful for any replies .........thanks xx

Re: sertraline withdrawal

Well done in getting off them!
    I've been on Sertraline for over a year, nearly two!!!!
    I really wonder if I'll ever stop taking them!!!
    I'll be interested to see how you get on!!!
    Good luck

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Hi Pammy
    Sertraline has a half life of 26 hours so should be out of your system in 5-6 days. Why did you come off it?
    Mel77

Hi Pammy, well done for coming off!

I stopped cold turkey (not recommended) and the effects really weren't half so bad as I'd been expecting. I'd been on them for 2 years, 100mg a day. Every other time I've stopped taking them I've done it very slowly, tapering the dose, and I actually felt worse.

I reckon I felt better within about 3 weeks (that's better than I felt when taking them, not 100% well).

Hope your feeling better by now x

Hi I had been taking Sestaline for two years..150mg I've just stopped taking it, I weaned myself off as advised by the doctor and I'm now on day 10 and I fell awful! I hope it doesn't last much longer as I don't feel 'safe' enough to go outside and I have a 21 month old son to look after.
    Am interested to hear how other people coped.

i was on sertraline for a while and stopped cold turkey too, took about a month for the dizzy spells and detachdness to go completely, its really gradual tho so u hardly notice it, well it was for me

Those who have withdrawal symptoms - how long after taking your last tablet did you start to feel them? I have to go back to my GP this week and last time he said he would take me off them as I'm feeling much better. I did miss a day to test the water the other day and actually felt better than ever, but most admit not sure what to expect when come off full stop.
    [Worrying won't protect - it doesn't help and can only make worse. Short term relief of anxiety by google etc doesn't help in the long run and the fact your acting on it only makes worse - let it pass over you

"Rem it kicks in at the unconscious level, thats why, triggers are the cause, remeber the anxiety is like the adrenal system kicking in fight or flight for what you think is no reason, the unconscious is the part that fires this responce"]

Quote Originally Posted by Panic33 View Post
    Those who have withdrawal symptoms - how long after taking your last tablet did you start to feel them? I have to go back to my GP this week and last time he said he would take me off them as I'm feeling much better. I did miss a day to test the water the other day and actually felt better than ever, but most admit not sure what to expect when come off full stop.
    Glad you're still feeling well. Withdrawals started about 4 days after I stopped and were awful, so I went back to 50mg, then 25mg for a few days. I still had withdrawals but not so bad as when I stopped cold turkey.

Thanks Melancholia. How are you doing now?
    [Worrying won't protect - it doesn't help and can only make worse. Short term relief of anxiety by google etc doesn't help in the long run and the fact your acting on it only makes worse - let it pass over you

"Rem it kicks in at the unconscious level, thats why, triggers are the cause, remeber the anxiety is like the adrenal system kicking in fight or flight for what you think is no reason, the unconscious is the part that fires this responce"]

Not great. These withdrawals aren't pleasant but getting through it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information