Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: sertraline withdrawal

Re: sertraline withdrawal

Quote Originally Posted by Melancholia77 View Post
    Not great. These withdrawals aren't pleasant but getting through it.
    You not taking anything mo? You got anxiety as a withdrawal?
    [Worrying won't protect - it doesn't help and can only make worse. Short term relief of anxiety by google etc doesn't help in the long run and the fact your acting on it only makes worse - let it pass over you

"Rem it kicks in at the unconscious level, thats why, triggers are the cause, remeber the anxiety is like the adrenal system kicking in fight or flight for what you think is no reason, the unconscious is the part that fires this responce"]

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Panic33 View Post
    You not taking anything mo? You got anxiety as a withdrawal?
    No anxiety but been having very up-and-down moods. I'm taking 25mg every other day.

You still on 100mg?

No anxiety but been having very up-and-down moods. I'm taking 25mg every other day.

You still on 100mg?
    I am at the min. I was very up n down when I started taking them and when I increased dose. Hang in there m8
    [Worrying won't protect - it doesn't help and can only make worse. Short term relief of anxiety by google etc doesn't help in the long run and the fact your acting on it only makes worse - let it pass over you

"Rem it kicks in at the unconscious level, thats why, triggers are the cause, remeber the anxiety is like the adrenal system kicking in fight or flight for what you think is no reason, the unconscious is the part that fires this responce"]

I've read that a single 20mg dose of prozac can help with the withdrawal symptoms, as can benedryl. I'm not a doctor so please do some research prior to taking my full on advice.

I'm one that is very sensitive to withdrawals and side effects, it's just in my nature. So much so that after surgery I can only take small doses of tylenol for the pain.

That being said, last tuesday was my final dose of zoloft after 3 months of slowly tapering off 25mg a month. It is now saturday of the same week and I'm surprised to find that the symptoms are really only an annoyance. I have the brain zaps that shoot to my finger tips, to my navel and down to my toes. I am also dizzy and get mild headaches that only last a few minutes. I first thought I had some sort of inner ear infection but soon remembered that my doctor told me I should expect these exact feelings. 4 days of symptoms and they are gradually becoming less severe. But I feel for those of you who are having a hard time with it. I had a hard time not going into a full blown panic attack which is why I started the zoloft in the first place. Not many people can relate to those of us who suffer from this. Take heart and try to remember that the symptoms you are having will not be forever. I also take comfort in the fact that these symptoms are just another sign of the drug leaving my body. Whatever your reasons for coming off this drug, hold on to those reasons to help you through the trying days ahead and you'll see as I have that they are really just annoying.

I'm not a religious person but I have always loved the saying, "This too shall pass."

I'm now on day 7 after stopping my 8+ years of 50-100mg a day and other than a general 'buzzy' feeling and feeling a little detached I'm pretty damn pleased with where I am.

I spent several months on 100mg because I went downhill and then got back to my 50mg basis - then 3 months ago I started a reduction to 25mg. Last week I decided to stop entirely and here I am!

This is probably one of the worst times in my life too but I'm getting through it and looking forward to the other side - of course it helps that I have a lovely wife who supports me.

Stick with it folks, it gets better.

I've been off 100mg Setraline cold turkey for approx 4 weeks and I feel like a jibbering wreck. My head is contracting and expanding, I cry at anything remotely upsetting including soaps (which incidently I try to avoid), I dream the most vivid dreams, I feel angry and scared with the world and everything that exists in it (excluding animals who can't talk back) I feel unsafe leaving the house alone, I can't work, these withdrawals are unbearable.
    I've been thinking of going on a low dosage anti-anxiety tablet to deal with these withdrawal symtoms; does anyone have any suggestion or recommendations for an anti-anxiety pill to counteract the withdrawal of Setraline?????????????

Pretty much the same as I did, then I went to 25mg every 3 days, after 2 months of that I stopped, it's been 2 weeks now and have still got the occasional dizzy spell, like today for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by van View Post
    I've been off 100mg Setraline cold turkey for approx 4 weeks and I feel like a jibbering wreck. My head is contracting and expanding, I cry at anything remotely upsetting including soaps (which incidently I try to avoid), I dream the most vivid dreams, I feel angry and scared with the world and everything that exists in it (excluding animals who can't talk back) I feel unsafe leaving the house alone, I can't work, these withdrawals are unbearable.
    I've been thinking of going on a low dosage anti-anxiety tablet to deal with these withdrawal symtoms; does anyone have any suggestion or recommendations for an anti-anxiety pill to counteract the withdrawal of Setraline?????????????
    I tried cold turkey from 50mg a while back and had to give in and go back to the tablets, I've weaned off them now though and seem to be fairly ok, to lessen the effects of withdrawal I have been using codeine based painkillers just to take the edge off the dizzyness and anxiety, it seems to work and is only short term so shouldn't cause any problems stopping them in a couple of weeks when my body adjusts to the lack of sertraline in my system.

I've recently come off sertraline after 7 years of taking between 50 and 100mgs. I think I've been off them about a month and a half now. I was fine for the first month or so and now I'm really struggling :( I'm really tired and very very anxious. I have health anxiety and that has just gone haywire over the last 2 weeks or so and I'm getting quite obsessive. I'm not sure whether to stick with it or to just go back on again. I'm going to make an appointment with the Doctor for some advice. It's getting really tough dealing with the anxiety! I come home every night from work and just burst into tears.

I've been on Sertraline for almost 3 weeks, was feeling down since being made redundant, only 50mg a day, I am seeing my Dr next monday, and I want to come off the tablets, as I don't want to be on them for many months or years. I'm wondering how he will go about reducing the dosage, if at all, and what effects i will feel and for how long?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information