Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: positive thinking thread

positive thinking thread

hi everyone,
    i thought it would be a good idea to post a thread that we can all post our positive thinking thoughts or positive things that we do each day,after years of searching for a miracle cure for anxiety ive finally realised that for me positive thinking is what makes me get better and better.
    so i will start:
    yesterday i went shopping with my mother in law,and left her to do her shopping and i went off with my daughter down the other end of the supermarket and upstairs and back down again to do my shopping on my own with my daughter(had about 3 panic attacks but breathed through it ,felt like running out the supermarket but never)so i think thats positive as i wont go out on my own,or even into a supermarket on my own,and i always have to have someone with me at my side so im trying to wean myself off people i always lean too much on for support.

tanya x

Re: positive thinking thread

Well done tanya that is a great achievement.

Veronicax

thank you veronica,some people might not think its much but to me it is.

tanya x

i can identify with this exactly,,i have to have someone right at my side,,but every now and then i feel brave and wonder a few paces on my own,,you did so well ,,you should be proud of yourself,

Well done Tanya!!!!! I repeatedly say aloud 'Every day in every way I am getting better'. This seems to send positive messages to my brain and improves my mood.

thanks teez and thanks chantelle,yes chantelle if you keep saying positive things to yourself then theres no room for the negative it just takes time,so anyone else done something thats positive no matter how big or small,we need to celebrate the positive things that we do instead of concentrating on the negative things or what we cant do ?
    tanya x

well done tanya
    that is a massive achievment. You have every right to be proud of yourself
    denise x

Well done.

3 years ago i moved back in with my mum. she was the only person i tusted to look after me. i took small steps like u. walking the dog on my own was a reason to go out and in a way i still had someone with me!!

Then a year ago i felt ready to move out to my own place just me and my 7 year old daughter. It was hard, i still needed daily contact with my mum and stayed at her house on really bad days.

Still in my own place with daughter. I have done the impossible through positive thinking. i now trust myself to take care of me. i still have days but i'm only human.

Little steps are not little for us they are huge dam hurdles. Well done, when u look back the hurdles do seem to get smaller and easier to jump next time cos u know u done it b4 and everything was fine x

Hi Tanya!
    Well done, that is certainly an achievement. I think everyone here will understand that things that are "normal" for people who do not suffer as we do, are "big" steps for us.
    Positive thinking is the answer. We must change all our negative thought into positive ones. (I do know how hard that is!!)
    One affirmation that I read and I would like to share with others is "Nothing has the ability to disturb me unless I allow it; and I choose peace instead of this anxiety".
    Judy.xxxx

Hi Tanya,

Well done, a great achievement!

I suffered social anxiety I know how difficult it can be to go out in public and be brave. I used to take one step forward and take 2 back, but I used to take a positive spin on this as it allowed me to see what triggered my anxiety attacks, with this I could change my approach for the next time around and test how well I was doing. In time you find the right coping mechanism that allows you live a life of normality, I have the odd bouts but I don't focus too heavily on these as they can drag you back!

Keep pushing forward with positiveness and learn from the negativeness to get a brighter happier life.

I wish you well

LK x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information