Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: positive thinking thread

Re: positive thinking thread

thank you all so much for your kind and positive messages,im just totally stunned to how positive thinking can change everything,ive bought a positive thinking book,and found a positive thinking website and i am truly starting to believe that you can achieve anything through positive thinking,would love to hear any of your positive stories ? like nervousnikkis well done you hun,taking little steps and keeping positive is the key to overcoming anxiety,it just takes a bit of courage to get going but when i get messages like this from all of you it just makes me feel that its not just me that has to go through these things

tanya x x x

Its interesting to think about positive thinking, something my family and my therapist often promote.

However, I do find it hard to stick to, after 10 years of reinforced anxiety and negative thoughts. I think its linked to confidence.

I just try to think things through.

Well done you are so brave and you should truely be proud of your progress .xx

just dropped by to see how you are doing tanya.

Sounds like the positive thinking is serving you well. Its a hard battle but so worth it. My Mum used to say that one day i would look back at certain things i did in total disbelief. She was right. Because she had been there in her 30's. You wanted more positive stories well she went through anx and was on meds for it. She had all the physicaql symptoms and if she left the house she could only walk where there was a wall to hold onto, due to the dizziness and feeling she would pass out.

She is now almost 60, she brought myself and my lil sis up on her own. Went to university in her 40's and got a degree, got throught the hardest of times in relationships and financially.

She is the strongest person i know yet still so caring. She is living proof that anx can be beaten. Her story helped me, just knowing someone who has come out the other side is an emence help.

You are right Tanya it would be nice to hear other peoples possitive stories. Keep battling till the next step is beaten.

x nikki

Hi Tanya,

Well done, for all your hard work.

I find positive thinking hard, I can start out alright at the beginning of the day but find it hard to keep it up all day!

I have recently started a yoga class which was really hard for me, but I do enjoy it. I also went to my sisters wedding in Scotland recently.

Anna x

hi Tanya,

Great thinking! Positive thinking also means giving yourself a chance to be happy even if things are not perfect.

Mich
    a fan of Ben Cummings

Quote Originally Posted by tanya 1 View Post
    hi everyone,
    i thought it would be a good idea to post a thread that we can all post our positive thinking thoughts or positive things that we do each day,after years of searching for a miracle cure for anxiety ive finally realised that for me positive thinking is what makes me get better and better.
    so i will start:
    yesterday i went shopping with my mother in law,and left her to do her shopping and i went off with my daughter down the other end of the supermarket and upstairs and back down again to do my shopping on my own with my daughter(had about 3 panic attacks but breathed through it ,felt like running out the supermarket but never)so i think thats positive as i wont go out on my own,or even into a supermarket on my own,and i always have to have someone with me at my side so im trying to wean myself off people i always lean too much on for support.

tanya x
    Well Done Veronica great achievement, I remember that situation and feelings well

Tanya, I too have been helped by positive thinking,not false positive thinking,but more seeing things as they really are and not as our monkey mind would have it. I find great pleasure and peace in reading positive books,the Dali Lama,the author of Feel The Fear and do it anyway,whose name slips my mind at this moment,she has written some excellant books and has an excellant website, and an oldie but goodie Johnathan Livingston Seagull .

One thing that got me through my worst times was when the panic / anxiety was rising I would reach out and touch something, a leaf,a wall,whatever was there and repeat 'this is now,this is all' whilst doing breathing technique,it helped get me back to the moment and let go of the anxious thoughts..and I think it worked because its truth,all we really have and know is this moment,its takes away so much anxiety..for me anyway )
    best wishes to all janxx

My 'Mind' Councellour has suggested that we start looking at the positives in things from next week, it'll be a tough road but i've done the whole positive thinking thing before so I know I can do it, it'll be a slog to stop thinking negatively/the worst about things.

Like in the last week, is the first time in a while that i've been out for more than half hour on my own, granted I got a bit panicky, but I didn't let it beat me, so instead of saying to myself, yeah i'm anxious/panicky during this period, i'm starting to say to myself, well I was anxious/panicky but I stuck it out and it didn't beat me. It's a small step but it's a big step too lets hope it continues

Hi Baz
    Well done for getting out and not giving in.
    I hope the counselling session goes well for you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information