Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Panic Advice

Hiya Alyson,

Great news!!!! Glad to hear everything is going well. I hope your friend is well on his way to recovery. I know with a good friend like you on his side he will do just fine. Keep us posted as to how things are going, and if you need any other advice or just have any questions just post and we will help as much as we can.

Take care dear,

Diana xxxx

Good move Alyson.

Well done. You could hint/say that you'd like to visit.

Somtimes if depression is a problem he might not like to ask/bother you/put you out although he'd really, really love it if you did visit.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Hello there this is me Alyson who originally wrote about my friend with the panic attacks and I didn’t know how to help him. Well since my last posting, I've had a few problems with getting back onto the forum and have had to change my user name. Anyway I wanted to come back to on tell you all that my friend is making great improvements - He has been paintballing a few times and drove to Manchester airport about a month ago just to walk around for about an hour and felt ok, he said that he’s now ready to board a plane and is now going to visit his friend in America at the end of this month for a week, he said he will go back in a few months time and stay for much longer. Also,I’m going down to see him this Thursday for a week,I told him that I wanted us to do various things together out of the house, one to include us taking a bus ride together and he said that was ok with him.

I'd just like to again, thank everyone so far, and I shall keep you posted provided I can get back online without any problems.

missa (aka Alyson)

Dear Missa,

Sory you've had a few issues getting on here again.

So pleased to hear your news and his progress. Thats brilliant.

I'm sure he has appreciated your friendship so much these past months

Meg

"Come to the edge."
    "We can't. We're afraid."
    "Come to the edge."
    "We can't. We will fall!"
    "Come to the edge."
    And they came.
    And he pushed them.
    And they flew.

- Guillaume Apollinaire

Hiya Missa!!!!!!

So good to hear from you.

So pleased to hear that your friend is recovering so well too.

You have been such a great friend and support for him these past months. It is very hard to find a friend such as yourself for us sufferers.

Most get quite aggravated quite quickly, and move on.

You have done very well in staying in there and helping your friend through his worst.

I hope you all will be able to enjoy some time spent together doing things you all have`nt been able to do in months.

Keep us updated on things won`t you?

We love to hear success stories. :-D

I do hope you won`t have any problems getting back to the forum.

Take care dear,

Diana xxxx

Hi Missa

Glad you made it back - looks like we sorted the problems today doesn't it. If you like I can get you logged back on as Alyson (I think) or you can keep this name - up to you.

Good to see you back anyway and glad your friend is getting better.

Nicola

Hi everyone its me Alyson, just to update you,I visited my friend over the Easter and we had a good time. To my surprise we went bowling,paintballing and to his local pub with him and 2 of his friends,all of which were his suggestions and not mine,he showed no signs of nervousness at all.Unfortunately we never got around to getting on a bus but did manage to go out for long drives in his car.He's now booked his flight for America and goes tomorrow,he said he's nervous but excited at the same time.

Once again I'd like to thank you all for your kind words and advices,its most appreciated.

Fab news, Missa.

Looking forward to hearing how the trip goes.

Meg

Hiya Missa,

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So glad you and he were able to spend some good quality time together. It was well deserved.

So glad to that you all were able to do so many things and especially that it was at his request. That is great!!!!!

I am glad to hear also that your friend is getting better by leaps and bounds.

You deserve a big pat on the back for standing by your friend through his recovery.

It is very hard to find someone with such dedication to a friend through thick and thin. You are that and more, we should all be so lucky as your friend.

Do keep us posted on your friends progress.

It is quite normal for him to be feeling a bit nervous about his flight. Even those who don`t suffer this disorder get that, so no worries for you and him there okay.

Take care,

Diana xxxx

Well done Missa!

That is great news.

Love, light and Best wishes
    Liz xxx
    With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
    The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information