Thread: Could a dental abscess be the cause of my underarm lump??

Could a dental abscess be the cause of my underarm lump??

I have had a lump under my arm for the last couple of months or so. It isn't hard, but I don't really know how else to explain it. It comes and goes in terms of how swollen it is and how much it hurts, and it feels like it is almost in sync with a dental abscess I have on the right side of my gums. Could the lump / pain in what feels like my underarm lymph node be caused by the abscess? I have been stressing about it for a long time now and know I need to go to the doctor and dentist both (I am working up to scheduling a dentist appointment with sedation dentistry and scheduling a dr's appointment for a yearly checkup... long overdue since it's been over 2 years now) but would just like some reassurance or input on this... if anyone has any idea at all. Thank you.

Re: Could a dental abscess be the cause of my underarm lump??

Hi,

I really don't know if it could be connected, but it could be something really simple like a blocked sweat gland or hair follicle, make your appointment and put your mind at ease,

Goodluck

P x

We have glands all over the body, & when there is an infection in any part of the body, glands swell in response. That is how the doctor explained my sons lumps in front of his ear, under his chin & above his adams apple. He seemed to think it was the acne he has (he's 14) that caused it, & gave him antibiotics. Needless to say the lumps never went & after doing a blood test the doc decided it best to just leave them.
    So who knows why we have lumps & bumps half the time. Sometimes its just one of those things. Yours could be connected to the mouth abcess. The doc will explain it to you if so though. x

I have a swollen gland in my throat (to the left of my adam's apple under my jaw) and my GP told me that it is b/c I got my braces on about the same time that this glad popped up about 6 mo. ago now. So there you have it: a dr. did link glands and dentistry. Hope this makes you feel better.

Thread Information