Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Headache still after a week

Headache still after a week

Hi been having a very bad headache for over a week now, went to doctors and he seems to think its a tension headache. I have no history of migraines or severe headache.

Builds up during the course of the day but kind of gets easier near the night, but is there when I wake up.

Feel slightly dizzy as well, but mainly if feels like someone is pushing on top of my head, in my eyebrow area and my temples. Starting to get worried about it, you can imagine what ive been thinking. It hurts alot but hasnt got any worse??

Painkillers dont seem to be doing anything either, not showing any other symptoms though.

I had a mri 18 months ago to check my sinuses which where clear, can things go bad quickly in 18 months?

fanx

Re: Headache still after a week

hi

this is what i have had for the past week too. feels like a pressure on the top of your head? both a nurse and optician have told me its a tension headache. they are quite scary - been feeling anxious all week but you are not the only one with it. ive read a few posts on here that describe the same headache. have a read of some recent ones to do with headaches. and try a warm bath and nurofen seems to work ok.

You think it could be a virus? It dont seem to be letting go, its like im wearing a cap or something, its very dull and achy

mines the same - as though ive banged my head - not painful but more uncomfortable. im not sure if it could be a virus but is suppose its possible. rest is then the best idea - and lots of fluids!

:( scary though, although doctor didnt seem to fussed, just cant stop thinking about BT's etc, googletastic at the moment

don't google! i did and it conjures up all sorts of ailments - namely BT's. but with no other symptoms and a headache that isn't really stopping you doing anything the dotor isn't going to be fussed. i know its hard but accept that if you had something serious it wouldn't ease of a night when you are probably more relaxed and then get worse during the day. it would be constant. relaxation is the only way we are going to get rid of these headaches!

anyone else have the same thing?

I suffered from terrible headaches for a few months because of my anxiety, it felt like my head was in a vice, i would occasionaly get moments where i actually thought my head was going to pop off, please dont worry about this it is definately tension, try to relax dont worry about it and it should pass x

I am feeling pressure in my ears and eyes feel well tired, just wondering if it is a bug, with how quickly its come on.

When i had it i had pain behind my eyes like my sockets where being pushed out and i had pain in my ears and temples, and just felt like a huge tonne of pressure on my head.

I really think its anxiety as headaches and pressure are very common symptoms of anxiety.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information