Thread: drowsiness

drowsiness

today I woke up feeling awful.
    I've had this weird headache for a while now, its not really a headache more of the one you get when your dehydrated (which Im not I drink loads).

My main thing is though I was driving and I felt really drowsy, as if I could just drop off. It seems to get worse when driving, could it just be the light or....?

It feels like I can't focus my eyes on anything. I make them go blurry ( if anyone understands me by that) and constantly feel drowsy.

Does anyone know what it might be its making worry. Thanks
    Last edited by sMINT; 27-08-09 at 17:00.

Re: drowsiness

Sounds more like low sugar, drinking plenty of fluids is one thing but get your bloods checked with the nurse.

William Butler Yeats

MY STORY: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=42149

Hey thanks man, Thing is though I had just eaten Breakfast and drank a glass of Orange Juice. Can you still have low blood sugar after this?

hey Smint, I know just what you mean and the money would be on anxiety. Before things got bad for me - thankfully thay are much better now but it was a long road - it was symptoms like you are are describing that were making me feel down and worried. Especially the fatigue, I used to and quite often feel very drowsy whilst driving even for a couple of hours. The other thing that I noticed was that even though I thought I had had a good nights sleep I would still feel knackered the next morning. Doctors initally took bloods to eliminate possibility of a Thyroid problem/diabetes etc but everything came back normal. I would say that I have constant IBS and I dont think that helped either regarding the fatigue thing. The unfortunate thing for me is that it never entered my head that it could all be down to anxiety/stress which was most likely heightened by a couple of seemingly innocuous triggers. Do you do much exercise? Unbelieveably this could help alleviate the drowsiness in so far that it will help you sleep better at night and get a decent sleep. It is definitely a good idea though to get your blood tested just to rule anything else out certainly stress can and does cause all and many more besides - just read the symptoms list - of the things you describe.
    All the best and well done finding NMP, it really is a useful tool for people like us.

BP and sugar levels fluctuate throughout the day, best to have bloods checked to rule out all the normal problems. With food you obviously have to take into account the time it takes to reach the blood. Also could be worthwhile taking a daily vitamin & mineral tab to increase iron, amongst other things.

1 trip to the docs and you will know

William Butler Yeats

MY STORY: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=42149

Thanks Fin, That sounds spot on to what I have at the moment.

Will deffinitely try exercise, I know when I do exercise I never feel drowsy etc but I cant exercise when I do so need to have a good-ish day to start on lol.

And yeah will deff make a trip to the doctors CONS. Better safe than sorry and to put my mind at ease, Cheers.

Thread Information