Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: please help before i google

Question please help before i google

I know i know i am boring everybody with my constant same old worries, it seems i have every symptom of ms going, twitching( but is this really an ms symptom i dont even know just assuming) constant tiredness, dizziness and now i feel like i have random prickling sensations anywhere can be in my head, arms, spine, fingers, toes sometimes it feels like water, sometimes it feels prickly.

I do know that this is a symptom of ms

Re: please help before i google

Typical anxiety symptoms if you ask me, as for this ms lark, ms comes on over a period of time, and you have times where you literally can't move a part of your body.

A families friend's daughters been undergoing a second set of tests to do with ms as they thought she had it.

Best advice, try to relax, take your mind off things, and I bet these sensations die down or disappear.

I had no idea if they are even symptoms of ms, it's strange how we each pick a different illness a lot of the time... for about 4 months straight I was constantly dizzy, exhausted, and then, to my horror I started getting prickling sensations everywhere, it was really the last straw... but it figured the more I worried the worse the sensations became and sure enough it was an illness- as anxiety is an illness and gives us all very real symtoms.
    I hope you feel better soon, have you got anything that you know relaxes you? you are most definitely not boring anyone xxxxx

Hiya

I had the prickles too. They came on after a major weeks long health anxiety binge ! They went after a while and have never come back.....but I had a field day worrying about them really....!!

I saw the dr and he said anxiety, and then they went strangely!!

its to do with stress circulatory changes and totally nothing to do withthe actuall nerves themselves.

Hope your okay

Lisa
    xxx

thanks everybody, you always make me feel better lisa, it amazes me how logical you always are but still suffer yourself lol, Just would like a day feeling fresh and ready to go xx welsh that makes me laugh you sound just like my mom" as for that ms lark" lol at least i have had a few seconds laughter xxxx
    Last edited by rebeccad; 28-08-09 at 13:21.

I had the same symptoms as you, its all anxiety! it comes and goes with me depending how stressed I am. One night I had trembling legs where I was so worked up. I think youre fine x

I too think you are absolutely fine, I had the same symptoms still get them especially the old twitching leg syndrome i now have constant pains in my legs no idea why as i dont exercise or anything it must all be anxiety related.

i so want to believe you all and hope that you are right, its just that my doc has not done any tests or anything. He says if he refers me he will look like a very silly man as i dont have any of the symptoms. But i do!!!! I have read lots of stories of people whos doctor kept telling them it was anxiety and then a few years later they were diagnosed with it. Do you think i should go private and get tested?

Hi Rebecca,
    Just wanted to say (like a lot of other people) I have had all these symptoms too, for a few years, and it sounds like anxiety to me too ... my GP has never done any tests either and every time basically tells me not to be so silly, then gives me more anti-depressants! If you think it would help reassure you, could you maybe ask to see another doc at your surgery and get their opinion as well? I think a lot of GPs sometimes forget that we are often frightened and need them to be patient with us and explain that we are actually OK.

Well, the truth is anxiety is amazing (not in a good way) as in what it can do to our bodies and minds! And once you are focused on one issue it seems to magnify those symptoms and make them overwhelming. And NO we are not boared of hearing about your worries - because we all understand that this is a serious concern of yours! These forums are where you can come and post a million times if you want!

I am very lucky to have a wonderful GP who is gentle but firm. I just went in for anxiety and extreme worry about colon cancer - no reason for me to be worried but I had it in my head that I had it. She told me that she did not want to do any testing as this would just feed into my anxiety right now - not to mention she didn't feel there was a need. So I can understand your GP not wanting to do testing - but I don't think it is "silly" nor should you be told it is "silly."

At this time there is no reason to think you have MS - the symptoms you have described can be attributed to anxiety. As best you can try to stay calm (I no that is easier said then done) - sometimes I have to litterally tell myself "I do NOT have colon cancer" over and aover again just to get my brain to engage! This just plain old "sucks" (for lack of a better term) doesn't it?!?!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information