Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feel Weird and Confused

Feel Weird and Confused

So it seems my panic attacks have stopped, touch wood, ..it's been over 2 weeks since I last had one but I've been left with this weird feeling of "not being real".

I remember it came on during a really bad panic attack one night (about a month or two ago, and it's been on and off since.

I keep questioning my existence, my whole life, has everything I've ever done a dream? etc.. really weird things, that I don't have a clue why I'm thinking about. Am I alive or still dreaming?

My memory is also really bad, it's really hard say, to recall what I did yesterday. :(

I don't know what's happening to me, it also feels like I can't be bothered to do anything..

I'm also getting some really bizarre dreams, like every night this week.

[?]

I feel like this to, I've just done a post on it actually. Apparently it comes along with being anxious and stuff

I've looked at a few sites and they suggest CBT. If you search for "depersonalization" it comes up with some sites.

Hiya Matt,
    Your description of how your feeling is excellent. I've been there too and to some extent still am. I think it takes "time" for everything to calm down. Like you i was questioning my whole existence and life etc and "is it real" is it a dream". I also freaked myself out more thinking of being just "a chemical being" and got frightened of "myself" if you can understand that. Mine started like yours after some bad night panics which were made worse by medication that didn't suit . thats when i felt unreal for the first time i think. So it could have been trying that one tablet that brought it on. On a lighter note as time goes on it does get better , and i know its hard because we want a quick fix. Keep trying to divert yourself if you can . Sue x

Hi Matt,

I'm still like that too, I don't have attacks it is more a general state of unrealness sometimes...like things appar unreal and things.

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

Hi Matt,

Ive just been though a very bad experience and since then Ive had what I think is depersonalisation. I cant concentrate on anything and I cant remember what I did five minutes ago. I just feel like a 'core" with the rest of myself floating around it if that makes any sense! My vision is weird as well which I think is because of anxiety as well. Im sure you will feel better in time, I think its just our brains way of saying im tired of this im going to have a little rest for a few days!

I hope you are better soon

Lara x

hey.
    i have the same thing, especially with vision ti always feels like things are much duller and darker than they are and are just more depressing its almost like tunnel vision. also my eyes feel very tired i almost cant keep them open sometimes, but i know its because im concentrating on it. i also sometimes feel very unreal, as almost floating in the world, its a very hard thing to describe..its almost as if being in a movie, and watching yourself...its very unreal, and its been taking its time going away..=(

Stan

This is messed up, it seems to be getting worse everyday.

Argh..It's so hard to describe it [V]

I just don't feel here at all. I just feel messed. It's like I don't know where I am or anything.

How the hell can you recover from this after you've gone this far :(

Hi Matt, I am sorry to hear that you are feeling so bad at the moment.

I get the feelings of not being here all the time and I so I can totally

understand what you are going through. I hope that you start to feel

better soon.

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxxxxxx

Hi ya Matt

All your dreams and your feelings are all anxiety related, the bad memory comes from your head being so full of everything else anxiety related which does not allow you to think clearly, I have to ask what the dats is every day and I am only 37 !!

So dont worry, these symptoms are not due to anything suspicious they are all related to how you feel, once I looked in a mirror and actually convinced myself I was not me, I felt like I was staring at a completely differant person, I scared the ****** life out of myself and had to shake myself a few times and I then realised that what I saw was a person who was unhappy and was not the person I wanted to be!

Dont give up this does pass and it will get better once the anxiety subsides a little

scknight

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information