Thread: Please read need a bit of help with anxiety

Please read need a bit of help with anxiety

I have had anxiety and depression the for around 11 weeks. On Sertaline 125 mg now. I have had about 10 days where i felt a little better each day until yesterday. I felt more anxious, intrusive thoughts kept coming in today i feel the same again, only i feel panicky as well now. Is this normal, I am so scared that i am not going to get better.

Other people experiences of this would be appreciated please.

Thank you

Sue xxxx

Re: Please read need a bit of help with anxiety

Hi sue, how long you been taking the medication?

Hi ya

I had depression/anxiety 13 years ago, and was put on Sertraline, eventually 150mg. I cut this back over time to 50 mg and stayed on that dose, I have been fine for years.

This last year I have been taking on too much i realise now, that coupled with the anxiety I get when I go abroad on holiday brought on depression while i was in portugal in June this year.

I have increased the sertraline gradually since then from 50 mg to 125 mg, (on 125 mg for 2 weeks now). I have had much increased anxiety, loss of appetite, dry mouth, hot flushes each time i increase the AD's, these side
    seem to die down after a couple of weeks.

I am now worrying why i am not much better, i have been improving slowly but have had two bad days now!!

The sertraline has always worked well for me, but at the moment i just need constant reassurance.

How are you doing?

Love Sue xxx

Hi Sue ,it can take 4-6 weeks for a new dose to stabilise sometimes 8. It is always dissapointing when things dont react as quick as we'd like at times .It just adds to the anxiety. Im sure you will slowly start to feel better for longer periods ..Dont let a couple of bad days make you think its not working .Sometimes its like that ,try to accept it as part of the process .You will get there in the end ...Take care luv Sue x

Thanks for the reply Sue,

Yeah i guess it does take time, it just feel as thought the last 11 weeks have been a lifetime and that this will just go on forever. Sorry for sounding so negative, just scared at the moment.

Appreciate your support.
    Hope you are doing okay

Sue xxxxxx

Thread Information