Thread: Getting there, dare I say it.

Getting there, dare I say it.

After a decade of problems...

I've managed to get rid of OCD, apart from one small thing I still do.

I have almost completely gotten rid of my health anxiety now. My last step is a sinus/balance problem I have, but I went for a CT scan today and I should get my results back soon enough. I know after I get the results I will finally be able to shake this one off.

For the last two weeks I have managed to get out every single day; I've even manged to confront the worse part of it which is: getting out on my own, ok I've only been going to the shops, on my own, but it's starting to feel normal again.

The final hurdle now is tackling my social phobia,which is going to be really difficult, but hopefully the CBT I've just started will help me with that one.

Just thought I would share this as hopefully it will inspire others to keep trying.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Paul30; 01-09-09 at 19:29.

Re: Getting there, dare I say it.

Hi paul great to hear how much you are helping yourself,u shud be very proud,i struggle with ha and panic attacks some days are hell but i never give up.well done you

Congratulations on your amazing achievement! You have done so well. I'm sure it won't be long before you get over your final hurdles.
    Thank you for sharing your success. It is really inspiring to hear stories of people who manage to recover even after a long time suffering. It gives us all that hope that we so badly need to help us along the road in our own recovery.
    Judy.

Well done Paul

To you Paul.
    Give me tips on how to cope with OCD please. I mainly need tips on how to get out more.

Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by ju.ann_30 View Post
    To you Paul.
    Give me tips on how to cope with OCD please. I mainly need tips on how to get out more.

Well done!
    Have you tried Mindfulness? I have OCD or obsessive thinking (the "yeah but what if?" viscous circle) and bought the book Get Out Of Your Mind And Into Your Life by Steven C Hayes recommended by my therapist. I reckon I am 75% of the way back to old me now. It's taken 5 months but some of the mindfulness techniques in the book are excellent for deamplifying that little anxious voice in your head. I've still got a long way to go but I feel me again. Maybe worth a try.

congratulations, well done!

Thread Information