Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CBT_Social phobia success!

Re: CBT_Social phobia success!

Me too Let me know how it goes?

this is going to sound like a stupid question but where do you need to go if you want CBT?
    Ive heard alot of people on here say its useful

Hi there,

I hope you all well with your treatment!

CBT can be requested by your GP. I was nervous that I wouldn't get any counselling, but I went into the docs with a list of all my physical and mental problems just in case I forgot anything. I was referred to a pscyhologist and then I was given CBT about 3-4weeks later. After the 8th session we started getting to the route of the problem, each session just ebbed away at the anxiety, I had to take as many notes as possible on the assessments sheets they provided, in the sessions we would analyse my thoughts and put them into perspective, my main thoughts were self hate, self loathing, dissatisfaction with life, thinking nobody liked me. As each thought was analysed and put in its place it was amazing how much better I felt when I adopted positivity and being realistic.

Anyway I'm sure I probably haven't explained properly how it all worked but trust me you will find out for yourself, just keep an open mind!

All the Best

LK

Quote Originally Posted by -Emily View Post
    this is going to sound like a stupid question but where do you need to go if you want CBT?
    Ive heard alot of people on here say its useful
    Hi Emily,

I'm in the USA so I don't know how you go about it in the UK, but I would guess you could ask for a referral. You may want to read some books on CBT. The one we used in my group is excellent and really short called Been there, Done that? DO This! by Sam Obitz. Try doing the TEA form exercise everyday for a few months and I think you will feel a lot better. Also if they say they only refer to CBT groups and not individual CBT therapy I think they are better than one on one CBT because you get to see how everyone else is progressing. The bottom like with CBT is that it's up to you to do the exercises like the TEA forms and if you do it will help

P.S. Emily, The only stupid question is the one that is never asked leaving you in the dark forever

Yaay that's great news, well done to you.

My doctor has been trying to get me to do this but I am to afraid to take the first step. Hearing how much it has helped you really makes me want to give it a try.

I just need to get past the first step and I think ill be ok, damn you first step lol I need someone to just grab my hand and pull in, or push me from behind you know what i mean.

Sparks.

Hi how do you get to have CBT,My drs only offer me tablets if I say im struggling to cope.He just says ive been like it along time or it runs in families.I think CBT would help me.

Hi there,

Try another GP, one that listens and takes action. I was given tablets the first time around, the second time I went back I took a list of all the anxiety problems I had been having (this way I would make sure I was satisfied that I had sufficiently dealt with my visit, other times I would forget what I went in for!). Just remember the gp sees alotof people so you can imagine they are excessively busy, thatswhy it is important to be straight to the point and communicate clearly what is the issue, that way you know the doc is not going to fob you off.

Try again I'm sure you can get them to listen!

All the Best

LK

ive had cbt over the years and just stop another set of it,, its makes me so confused, and im a state before he even gets here,, so i thought it not helping and have stopped them again,, why cant i do it, ??? it does my head in,

diaizpam 5mg, as needed.

come on panic attack do your worse,, you can knock me down,, BUT I WILL GET BACK UP AGAIN.

Hi BB,

CBT was only part of my recovery, I had to learn to engage positivity into my life to give me hope. I took each day as it came, I had setbacks at times, but I kept on learning from these. I learned to not avoid life but fight no matter how hard the battle would be. Each time I fell I learned how to pick myself up, I saw my anxiety as a lesson to myself that I needed to change the way I thought and lived to create a new better me!

I hope this gives you hope, I was fortunate even though I still battle with anxiety now, I know how to control it.

All the Best

LK

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information