Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CBT_Social phobia success!

Re: CBT_Social phobia success!

your very brave loin king,, i just anit got the guts to , JUST GO AND DO IT.

diaizpam 5mg, as needed.

come on panic attack do your worse,, you can knock me down,, BUT I WILL GET BACK UP AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkie View Post
    Yaay that's great news, well done to you.

My doctor has been trying to get me to do this but I am to afraid to take the first step. Hearing how much it has helped you really makes me want to give it a try.

I just need to get past the first step and I think ill be ok, damn you first step lol I need someone to just grab my hand and pull in, or push me from behind you know what i mean.

Sparks.
    Here's that push can you feel it
    Read the cbt book by sam obitz I mentioned because it is written by an anxiety sufferer who got better rather than a doctor and is really motivating or at least it was for me. It's short too so you don't feel overloaded by it. Cbt is wonderful if you use it

Quote Originally Posted by janet View Post
    Hi how do you get to have CBT,My drs only offer me tablets if I say im struggling to cope.He just says ive been like it along time or it runs in families.I think CBT would help me.
    I don't like the sound of your doctor... If he won't refer you there are lots of resources and you can do it yourself for free if you are motivated and work at it. I do think it would help you

Quote Originally Posted by bomberbeamish View Post
    ive had cbt over the years and just stop another set of it,, its makes me so confused, and im a state before he even gets here,, so i thought it not helping and have stopped them again,, why cant i do it, ??? it does my head in,
    I'm american but in the words of a historic Englishman: Never, never, never give up
    Perhaps the person treating you is not breaking it down well for you. Simple is best imo.

My doctor told me i should have CBT...BUT i live in Wales and its not on the NHS here because they waste all their money on free prescrpitions......

Hi

I start my first session of CBT tommorow for my GAD, I am looking forward to it as I am now at the end of my tether and wondering if I need to go back on medication.

Sharona

Hi Sharona,

I hope your CBT session went well?

I was nervous on my first session,but understandably, I was at the end of my tether as I wasn't feeling any better with the medication at the time. After 5 or 6 sessions of therapy sessions I started to feel a whole let better, the therapy helped me put my worrying thoughts into perspective so that I was able to control how I felt>

Hope you continue?

LK x

Hi LK

I had my 2 sessions and it is going really well. I was very nervous at first but this week was good, it even got me a full nights sleep, which is a bonus. I am looking forward to it now as I have to do something as anxiety is ruining my life.

Hope you are O.K?

Sharona x

Glad to hear it!

Its unreal how you will progress thru your CBT, without realising it it will feel like a big black cloud has been taken away.

Keep working hard, it can work just keep positive, it takes small steps before you can start leaping,just don't rush it!

I am well, had a bit of feeling down recently with work, but slowly I am working thru this blip. I think my problem is that I think I can fix things straight away instead of taking my time to wait for results (Same as my battle with anxiety!). I think it is time to slow down and put work in perspective, work made me poorly before so I can see the early signs before disaster strikes again.

i had two sessions of CBT and it cured me immediately of the health anxiety i had been suffering for over a year. CBT is awesome.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information