Thread: 'just' some eptopic beats

'just' some eptopic beats

I got the results of my 24 hour ecg a week ago and the doctor said i was having some eptopics i.e. irregular heartbeats but that all was fine and that my heart wasn't under stress.

I thought once I found out it was benign it would calm my anxiety but it really hasn't. For a few days it was better but now I feel it slowly creeping back on me along with really big skipped beats - like last night I had two in a row and it freaked me out so badly I couldn't sleep.

Has anyone else kept on being anxious even after tests have come back all clear?

The doctor also said if it gets worse I had to come back... this scared me, if it gets worse does that mean I have some kind of condition?

Re: 'just' some eptopic beats

hi i also had 24 hour monitor and doc said all was fine, but i still worry, even when im not panicing my heart does weird things which makes me panic and then i cant stop thinking bout it, im sure if thee was anything wrong with you they would have ordered further tests x

i have the same condition, having been told after 24 hour tape everything is ok. is it brought about by anxiety or heart defects, what can you do other than accept what they say? theres lots of people out there havent had the tests we have and could have underlying conditions but there not worried because it hasnt been found out.

thats so true, its the fear when they happen that takes control, then once calm you stil think about it and build scary thoughts up

Thread Information