Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Inositol is working for my Emetophobia!

Inositol is working for my Emetophobia!

Heya
    I just wanted to say there is a little light at the end of the tunnel for Emetophobics! I have been taking Inositol and Vitamin B6 for nearly a week now and omg the changes in my life have been amazing! A week ago i was bordering severley agorophobic and too scared to leave my house for anxiety would set in incase i was sick! However for the past 5 days I have taken 1950mg of Inositol and one Vitamin B6 every morning and for the first time in years no longer wake up thinking about being sick!
    Obviously its not a miracle cure because i believe positive thinking has helped too but the fact I was able to get on a bus today (only 3 stops! but WITHOUT my MP3!!!! its unbelievable. I feel so much better and more energetic.
    Anyway if you havent tried it for anxiety try it coz i believe it really does work!
    Theres lots of threads on it under natural remedies so give them a read coz if i hadnt read about it on here and then researched it online i would never have tried it! (but i have read it can have effects if you are taking meds for bi polar or scizophrenia and other anti psycotic meds so I would defo research it and speak to ur gp first!)
    Okay well i just wanted to share that! Thanks for reading!

Re: Inositol is working for my Emetophobia!

Maeanna thats really good to hear . I have been thinking of taking them as I need some extra help at the moment with morning anxiety when I wake up .I also believe they help you sleep better ?.Could you tell me if they make you feel tired in the daytime at all ?.as I cant handle that . Thankyou luv Sue x

Hi Meaanna...
    Just wanted to say how pleased I am for you that you have found some relief. It is great to hear about one of us getting a lift and a chance to see how our life could improve. All the best hun, and hope you continue to improve..Well done, Well done!!

thats soooo great hunni
    im guna try that but at the min im taking olanzapine for the voices and the bad depression
    and taking prozac and diazepam as well
    so i wouldnt want to be mixing all my pills but ill speak to my doc nxt week and see what he thinks
    i wish i could go a day without thinking about it
    but im so pleased u acctually went on a bus thats a big step hunni so proud of u x

wow that is amazing!
    I was gonna try it but didn't have the name with me so instead I got Rhodiola tablets.
    I must search the forums about the the tablets your taking!
    I'm so happy for you, I hope it will work for other's too!!
    from what you say it sounds like they have really had an amazing affect on you!
    :-)

Hello maeanna,
    I am really glad that you are feeling better and managing to take positive steps since taking inositol. I too am taking inositol and i feel some benefit since starting it a couple of weeks ago. I also would not have heard of it if it had not been for certain threads i have read on this site which is strange for me has i have tried most natural remedies for anx/dep and i am always in h&b lol! Best wishes and i hope we see even more positive results soon. x

I just recently started bac on Vit b6, went to sainsburys and bought champneys Busy lifestyle BVits they were £3, oddly enough since starting them a week ago i haven't had Emit as bad, so after reading this thread i went and looked at box and the ingrediants list Inositol, wonder if thats whats helping me out? , i have read tho that Inositol is better taken with all the B vits so if you do get some i can recomend the Champneys ones as they include all B vits
    Sharon x

I've been championing the cause of inositol for a few months and it is very good to see that other people have also discovered it.

As people have said it's not a miracle cure, in fact it isn't a "cure" at all - what it does is reduce anxiety, nervousness, OCD and depression to the point where you have fewer panic attacks, you have more control over your emotions and you are less likely to be affected by negative thoughts and feelings. In short it does what medication is supposed to do except there are no major disadvantages to taking inositol, and inositol deals with a much wider range of issues than SSRIs (for example).

I feel that inositol played a big part in me getting my life back.

I'm running low on inositol and have had to reduce my daily intake to just 2g per day once more. YET AGAIN this coincides with an increase in my feelings of panic and anxiety. I'm picking more up tonight. I find 4-6g per day to be extremely helpful, if rather expensive.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

WOW! its great to read all ur posts! I had another success today and went on 2 buses for 22 minutes on a route i had never been on before!!!
    Suzy-sue: with regards to tiredness at first i felt tired about an hour after taking 3 tablets in the morning but now a week later im use to it and take 3 every morning and am fine! I always take them with toast and peppermint tea coz u should take them with food!
    Im so pleased those that have tried them are noticing the difference too! I wonder why gps dont recommend Inositol and vit b6 to try first as opposed to ssri's which for me didnt work as i took 3 types and all gave me insomnia and worse anxiety! Hmm i may ask my gp that next wk!!!! lol!
    Sweetypie - ul get there huni different things work for different people but speak to ur gp about vitamins and natural remedies and hun i do still think about it just not 1st thing in the morning! and nowhere near as much and ive calmed down and feel less argumentative and more relaxed!!!! xxx

Thanks Maenna ,will give them a go .They do sound like they are effective ,and I agree with you about Drs they are too fond of writing out perscriptions for ssris . Hope you continue to feel better .Sue x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information