Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Inositol is working for my Emetophobia!

Re: Inositol is working for my Emetophobia!

That's so great that they are working for you

I've been trying them for the past few weeks and can't say I've felt any better on them (am taking 3 650mg tablets a day from Holland and Barretts). Recently I have felt more sick and more anxious. I looked up Inositol on the internet to see if they were side effects and apprantly some people can get worsened panic and anxiety on them. Trust me to be in that small percentage. I take them one at a time 3 times a day

I really thought this was going to be something that worked for me as CBT doesn't seem to be doing anything and neither has SSRI's. I'm at a loss what to do now.

So glad it's working for some people though, that is really great news

Cat80 hav u tried hypnosis? Thats the other thing that works well but i am taking the Inositol whilst i save up for my hypnotherapy coz the one i go to is expensive! I think different things work for different people its just a case of ive tried everything over the past 24 years and Inositol is the only thing which makes a difference! i take all 3 tablets first thing in the morning i dont know whether that makes any diff but guess it wouldnt if it makes u feel sick or anxious!!! but I tried the 5HTP and that made me feel ill but yet works well for my friends anxiety! so please dont give up and just keep trying things and im sure ul find something that helps you. x

Thanks meanna

No I've not tried hypnosis. I don't work at the moment so couldn't afford it even though it's something I would love to try. I've tried 4 or 5 different SSRI's, beta blockers, 5HTP, vitamin B complex etc and nothing seems to work. Been having CBT for the past 6 weeks but feel no better with that either, just seems to be filling in form after form and not much else.

Heya
    Tbh ive tried the same as u and have only found hypnotherapy really works but coz i gave up my job coz of emetophobia i cant afford it either altho if you contact MIND they do reduced rate hypnosis or sometimes you pay what u can afford so it might be worth a try and give them a call or visit their website. but coz ive already seen a good hypnotherapist twice i wana go back to him so am attempting to work again just so i can save up!!!
    in the mean time im sticking with my inositol! have u tried any other natural rememdies like rhodiola or any of the flower remedies?
    x

Thanks maeanna, I'll have a look on the MIND website.

Yes I've tried so many natural remedies, Rhodiola, Rescue Remedy drops and pastilles, Kalms, Magnolia, B Complex etc and nothing has helped slightly with the anxiety or emetophobia.

I'm trying Inositol again as of this morning and have taken 3 tablets with my cereal. Don't feel sick 2 hours later but do feel very tired but then again I always feel tired lol.

Thanks again maeanna and keep us updated on how the Inositol is going for you

U sound like uve tried the same as me! Its a nitemare isnt it ;o( I just wish I could wake up one morning with no phobia!
    Im actually starting a psychology degree to try to understand more about anxiety etc and hope to eventually help other people coz it upsets me to think there are so many people living with this phobia and there is no affordable help out there!
    Anyway fingers crossed the Inositol will work this time,let me kno how u get on hun! After 10 days Ive just upped my dosage now to 4 tablets with a 100mg of vit b6 in the morning coz i had a slight bit of anxiety over the weekend maybe coz my body had got use to it im not sure but il see if i can manage to stay awake on 4 tablets!!!
    Take it easy,

How did you get reduced rate hypnotherapy from Mind? I have never been offered this and cannot find it on their site.

Bear in mind that anxiety is an emotion and you cannot cure an emotion completely -- inositol will help to reduce its effects and will help combat GAD but don't freak out if you still feel anxious. You will always feel some fear as long as you continue to grow as a person!

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Thanks again for the advice

Yesterday I took 3 Inositol at once in the morning (taking 1950mg). Felt shattered all day then in the evening was so anxious I was convinced I was going to be sick. Then spent all night waking up on and off feeling sick, it was terrible. I don't know if the Inositol contributed to this or not. Just know I can't have another night like that. I even took an anti nausea before bed but that didn't stop me waking feeling sick which of course made my anxiety worse. Don't know what's wrong with me at the moment and can't even get a Dr's appointment as all pre bookable ones are gone.

Cat80,
    Sorry to hear how you're feeling at the moment, i don't have emetophobia but i do suffer with anx/dep and i have felt that inositol has taken the edge of some of my symptoms although i too still get bad days. Like psychopoet said it's not a cure and may not affect some as well as others you may just need to persevere a bit longer with them to see better results. It's good that we all share our experiences good and bad as it shows that everyone doesn't react the same as others who take the same remedy. I hope you feel some benefits soon or find something that helps you cope better with your symptoms. Best wishes and tc x
    Last edited by freudian nightmare; 08-09-09 at 17:31. Reason: more to add

Thanks freudian nightmare

I just feel incredibly sick as well as anxious since I started taking Inositol and don't know if they are connected or if it's just the anxiety? Also depsite taking sleeping tablets I am sleeping worse as well. I'm just wondering if maybe they aren't right for me as I have read they can worsen anxiety for a small amount of people.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information