Thread: oh brother !!

oh brother !!

hi
    i wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction about my brother, hes been very depressed for about ten years, and recently hes been hearing voices in his head, he sais there demons, he wont get any treatment for this and he is gradually getting worse he currently lives with our parents and they are not in good health mums a diabetic and dad is getting over bypass surgery, he is causing them a great deal of stress, he sleeps all day and gets up all night he frequently goes outside and is shouting and swearing at nothing or nobody mum and dad are at there wits end ,on numerous occations they have gone to the doctors about him only to be told he has to get treatment his self, but he wont do you know if there is anything we can do to help him please
    thanks
    luv sue

thanks for your help

Sue

I don't really know what to say. He really needs to get treatment but if he won't then there is not a lot you can do for him.

Can you not talk to him about it and make him understand that he is upsetting your mum and dad and he needs to see someone about it?

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

I really do hope you find a way to get him the help he needs. The only thing that I can sugest is dont stop fighting for the help he needs. If he's violent in anyway calling the police might be the only way to get him the help need's. As much as that sound harsh getting him help is the best thing for him. It would be good if it didn't have to come to that sometimes it has to before we get heard. This is something i have stuggle for years to get answer for sons behaviour abd I finaly.

I realy do hope you get someone help for him but working on getting him to go sound like your only option right now.

Please take care.

thanks for your replys,
    nicola: all the family have tried talking to him but he wont budge, mum and dad have been to the drs, but no joy there were really worried about him and we all think its gone on far to long, i was hoping there was some sort of support we can get to point us in the right direction, but dont know where to look for it luv sue xx
    mum2four: mum has called police on a few occations and its still the same senario we are worried hes going to try and top himself as mum has found razor blades in his bedroom, hes really let himself go aswell, we just want to try and get him treatment before something awfall happens
    thank you both for replying xx

Sue,

I suggest your parents ring NHS direct and ask advice there of how to move this on. Explain that he is not rational in his behaviour at all and give examples of this.

As he is an adult your parents cannot force him to seek help but if he is becoming worse they can request a psych evaluation at home from the community mental health team.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

thanks v much meg,
    mums going to get on to them today.
    luv sue xx

Thread Information