Thread: An approach that may help

An approach that may help

I had a session with the psycologist and she suggested a approach , that I think may help .

1. Accept and be ready to die any moment ... you can die now or after 200 years who knows ... dont become a living dead as it is with anxiety we have stopped to live our life as normal .... at least live this moment who knows about the next ....

2. It is ok not to be ok ... it is ok to be discomfortable ... change attitude from smallest thing hurts and dont need no hurt ... so accept blips in life ...

3. You are going to age so accept it ... dont challange ...

See if this helps

Hi Sanjay

Well its certainly food for thought. I think we all have to change our thought patterns to how we deal with our fears and anxieties

Thanks for the words of wisdom

I will try and put them into motion and see if it works

Sue with 5

scknight

Thank you Sanjay! [^]
    It's kind of like, 'don't fight the things you can't control'! Live your life, enjoy your life and only work on the things you have the power to do something about!
    I think we all need to be reminded that the world does not stop revolving when we lose control. There will always be chaos, but there will also be order and hope! Someone told me the other day, "Andrea, you are not God." At first I was insulted because I thought, "How rude! I don't think of myself as God!" [:O] But then I realized that I was trying to pull every little thing together in an attempt to make the world perfect and it dawned on me that I am trying to do God's job. I can't. [Duh!] LOL!! Whew! Thank goodness I don't have to worry about life or death! God's got that covered for me. (taking it off my 'to do list'... LOL!)
    Being at this site really helps, because I know I have friends here who can remind me that life is for living and love! [Yeah!]
    Good post! Thanks for sharing that Sanjay!
    Best wishes,
    Andrea

"Honey, if ya ain't feelin' the bumps in the road, ya ain't goin' nowhere!" (A wise Georgia Granny's take on living life to the fullest! LOL!)

Hi Sanjay,
    All very good thoughts and all very true, thanks for those.

Take care
    Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwitten'

Andrea - I saw this once . I'm not religious at all but it touched a tender bit

MEMO FROM GOD

TO: YOU
    DATE: TODAY
    SUBJECT: YOURSELF
    REFERENCE: LIFE

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

If life happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle, do not attempt to resolve it. Kindly put it in the SFGTD (something for God to do) box. All situations will be resolved, but in My time, not yours.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hey Meg!
    That was great!! It made me smile and I needed to read it! (I'm not religious either.. just totally believing in a very personal God.)
    And funny thing was, I went to CBT today and talked with the therapist about my weekend, and you know what she said??? "Let God handle it. After all, he IS God and he KNOWS what he's doing. Don't think for a minute that you can do a better job than he can!" And I don't think she's a particularly religious person either!! hmm......

"Honey, if ya ain't feelin' the bumps in the road, ya ain't goin' nowhere!" (A wise Georgia Granny's take on living life to the fullest! LOL!)

Thanks Sanjay & Meg for those helpful thoughts.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X X X

Hi Sanjay

Very nice message, it's true that acceptance makes a big difference..
    Thanks for sharing with us.

Florence.

*He who loses money, loses much; He who loses a friend, loses much more, He who loses faith, loses all.*

yeah thanx, hope these help though i'm not really worried about getting old[8D] i like the God one as well, really nice, i'm gona try and think of it when i'm panicking

"Ther goes the fear, let it go. You turn around and life's passed you by, you look to those you love to justify...there goes the fear."

Thread Information