Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Agoraphobia

Re: Agoraphobia

Mishel, perhaps the helicopter thought you needed rescueing!!! You did really good, well done.
    I dont like low flying planes, they make me go all weird! As well as lighting affecting us perhaps sounds do too?
    Good work Mishel, Carol x

Good work and good job at laughing at ourselves as well. If we stop taking the anxiety so seriously it will stop being as serious!

I am at my wits end, im a single parent and have a son whos agoraphobic, this has been going on since he was 13 and hes 21 now:( He does'nt even leave the house except with myself for appointments ect. then it is via a taxi which is becoming very expensive. My son recently went onto benefits and had a medical and only gained 9 points, how can people put a points system on agraphobia. He gets dla but what is £17.00 a week to live on. The last time he was on a benefit he had an assesment and failed again and it went to appeal. We gave up after it went to London because things were getting worse.He does'nt want to live off a non working single parent, how are they supposed to get any life if the system keep letting them down.I just hope that my son does not snowball backward because i am trying to do everything as a mother would, Ive just been diagnosed being ill and im getting so tired recently and this situation is just running me down.

thankyou for reading this post

dont know quite what to tell you dawn,,,as i lived on the lowest dla for ages, now i get the middle rate as ive two major illness,s, but i had to really fight for it,,,is your son seeing anyone for his aggie,,maybe they can help,,and have you tried D,I,A,L. they helped me fill in the forms so i get what i do now,,their very good.why dont you get your son on here,,being the only chap,,he,ll have us ladies to sort him out,,lol when need some men in our club,,,its been a real help to me,sorry i cant help more hun,,but we are here for you too, if you need us xxx

before i get onto my adventure for today can i pat all of us on the back,,i think we,re all blooming marvelous,,dont yous,,im so proud of us all, well now to my adventure,,i went to the hospital,went in onmy own,,,as hubby parked the car,,as i was a bit shakey,,it wasnt easy but i did it,,booked in,,even went in to see ,,dr pratt on my own,,,and yes that is his name,,his almost certain the lumps not cancer returned but i need a mamo to be sure,,i came out of there to tell hubby i was on cloud nine,,still a little doubt but happier,,,we then got my blood test done ,,its three by now no food or drink,,but i was fine even though we had usual drama of finding my veins,,so i was covered in plaster,,looks on other peoples faces was a picture lol,,well guess what i went and did a whole weeks shop in asda,s and even walked unaided by the trolley,,,im so impressed , ive brought me a huge bar of galaxy to celibrate,,,but this is all down to you ladies support,,lets all keep up the hard work,,and who knows

hi everyone, wow teez thats brilliant news and im so pleased that this thread is doing what i intended and helping each other. where do we all live? i dont mind if anyone wants to get in touch with me for a chat or email? let me know and i will send details via a private message. swimming tomorrow for me. wish me luck!!!!! im so proud of all of us no matter how big or small the steps are they are all in the right direction and if we do have a setback like we do then we are here to support each other xxxx

im in essex julie,,,and also dont have a prob with being contacted,,we will have to work this out so we can safely exchange adds with all who want too,,

Hi everyone

All sounds pretty positive

You are doing great Carol, going out alone is a big deal. With the supermarket, next time you go in take one extra step for each of the girls in our ever expanding club and don't forget to take one for yourself...lol.

Sandra, I work with my husband in our own business. We are Freight Forwarders, warehousing, transport and export packers. I work in the office doing accounts, wages and general office stuff. So it is quite easy for me to work, especially as the office is literally 5 mins in the car. Also we have been in the same premises for the last 24 years, most of the staff have been with us for years so it is home from home for me. Which really doesn't encourage me to challenge myself to any great degree.

Hope your day carried on a positively as it started.

Judy it is good that you go to the shop even if it is only 5 mins away. I am okay driving to the shops, but walking there i would invariably get anxious, so i do tend to avoid it. So well done.

Glad you have had a good day too Kabuki. Strange you should say about the "low atmospheric pressure" my husband has always said that i am more edgy when there is a storm brewing.

Mishel well done on your eventful trip to the shop. You coped with all that was thrown at you. I can understand the noise thing as i used to get panicky if a police car or ambulance went through the high street with its sirens going.

I was 13 when i developed agoraphobia Dawn, it was soooo frustrating at that tender age. As all my friends were out doing what young people do and i was stuck at home wishing i could join them. Has your son had any counselling or therapy. CBT is a very good treatment.

Teez you are going from strength to strength. The news from the hospital sounds very positive...enjoy your galaxy, you deserve it.

I agree Julie, this thread is a great help and a huge source of support for us all. I am always eager to get my daily fix.

I have had another good day. Saw the therapist today and i am starting to work through a CBT self help book with him. He has given me some home work!!! I did have CBT 13 years ago but to be honest during the years that i was so well i kind of forgot a lot of it (okay it's my age). So i will keep you posted.

Heres to all of our little steps forward.

Well done everyone.

Take care.

Sue.

Good evening ladies,
    Well done Teez! This is so inspirational for us all. Ive been thinking alot today about how good it is to hear these success stories and find myself feeling stronger and more willing to take a risk. Just hope I feel as strong tomorrow when I walk out of the door.
    Julie good luck with swimming tomorrow, I miss swimming. We have just had an olympic size pool opened here and one day I would love to get there. Im in Liverpool and would love to email, text or chat to any of you if you wish.
    Well off to bed now, sleep well everyone.
    Night, night,
    Carol x

Hi Ju

I am in Essex also. I don't mind being contacted by anyone who would like to chat/email.

Night Night

Sue xxxxxx

Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information