Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Agoraphobia

Re: Agoraphobia

well done ju walking round liverpool is really good .
    an well done sue on your night out
    i cant imagine wot it must be like to be "normal " and do these kind of things without worrying and actually enjoying them !! .
    i had a really busy day at work on sat and i coped really well but yesterday i was really "off " seems to really take it out of u when u push your self and achieve things does nt it .
    i cant complain because i am doing so much betta lately but the worry is always there one good day then a couple of bd ones ...then the worry u are going down bank again !!!!
    sorry im rambling now
    enjoying this thread .

where about do u live ju ? u must be close .

all the best all
    love
    sandra
    xxxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by julieb View Post
    lynn

im sure you will be fine at the wedding. i hate anything ilke this too. i have a 21st party on saturday night and my partner wants to have a drink so it means walking or a taxi which i dread too. be nice to actually enjoy a social event for once wouldnt it!!!!
    I really really don't even want to go to this wedding, which sounds really antisocial. I don't particularly like the guy who is getting married and don't know his future wife. It's his 3rd marriage and he is actually a childhood friend of my partner and we rarely see him, but my partner says he has to go which makes me pretty cross as I can't see why. I'm not particularly fond of weddings and I can't see the point of two middle aged people getting married who already live together. Call me a party pooper but I see it as one huge waste of money. The wedding is being held where I got married some 35yrs ago and doesn't have particularly happy memories for me either which doesn't help

Hi All

I agree Sandra, it does seem to sap all of your energy after a good day, then the bad day that follows starts the negative thinking again.

I suppose at the moment the fact that there are "good days" is a plus...lol.

I woke up this morning felt a bit low and anxious, but by the afternoon it had lifted and the rest of the day has been the best in months, I am trying not to get carried away though, because when the next bad day comes I don't want to feel too disappointed.

I am really pleased that you are doing better lately, gives that glimps of "light at the end of the tunnel"

And Lyn, your not being antisocial, if you are not fond of weddings or the groom you have every reason not wanting to go. I guess your reason for attending is to support your partner.

Are you going to the ceremony and the reception, maybe you could cut down the time you spend there. If it isn't far from where you live maybe you could go home for a while? I am still trying to think of some distractions you could use.

Take care everyone

Chat soon

Sue xxxxx

evening ladies.
    hi sandra yes i live in newchapel, do you know it? i work in leek though. what do you do as you mentioned work? i agree that the anticipatory anxiety is worse than the actual event. whenever i have got to go anywhere i get myself really worked up and dont sleep which makes matters even worse. well done sue for managing to stay at the restaurant and have your meal. its terrible isnt it that a meal out should be really enjoyable and relaxing but its actually torture at times. i think weddings are really stressful because its a long day with lots of waiting around. try and think of some distraction tactics and the idea of going home for a while inbetween lunch and evenings is an excellent idea. lots of people do this so nobody would notice. ive managed quite well today even though i didnt sleep very well last night and woke up running the loo. was fine on the way home even though we had to go a different way to pick chris's daughter up but then chris went into the house and closed the door and left me in the car in the street. it seemed like ages and i tried reading the newspaper and ringing my daughter as a distraction but i had a really bad panic attack. felt awful all night since. stupid isnt it!!x

Hi Ju

Poor you, panic is the pits isn't it, but it's not stupid, it's just the way we are at the moment. Was it the fact that you were in the car on your own or that you felt trapped?

I wonder if you could have got out of the car for a moment or would that of made things worse for you?

Sometimes it is really difficult to know what to do for the best when panic starts.

I was bought a Nintendo DS a couple of years ago, I take this with me on journeys as i find some of the games can be very absorbing and distracting.

Hope you have a good day tomorrow.

Take care

Sue

Hi I`m another fellow Agoraphobia sufferer and have been for nearly 3 years now. Can I join your club?

Since the start of 2009 I have been practicaly housebound due to my Agoraphobia. Things are starting to get a bit better.

On Thursday just passed I managed to get a bus into my local town and then to go to the hairdressers where I had to sit and wait to be taken. I went into a couple of shops afterwards for a look then got a bus home again. This for me is a huge achievement.

Then today I went into my local town again because I had to go to the bank which always makes me anxious. I couldn`t face going by bus so I got a taxi instead. When in the bank I just wanted to leave but having my mum with me for company helped me see it through. Afterwards I went shopping in the local pet shop as i`m getting a puppy in October. When I got home I felt exhausted it really takes a lot out of you.

Anyway thats pretty much it all for now.

Cheryl

I'm going on 8 years with agoraphobia,so i know the feeling all to well.
    Last edited by castlesinthesky; 15-09-09 at 03:15.

I just wanted to say thank you for this thread about agoraphobia. I've been agoraphobic, on and off, since the 1970s but I still haven't given up!
    Well done to all of you who are finding ways through this horrible condition.
    Oh, and Starlight, I think getting a pupply is a great idea!

Wendy

well done cheryl you are doing really well
    ju is that near to buxton ?
    i work in a pub its nice an little and i only usually work dinner times with older customers so i usually manage to keep a smile on my face (hard to do sometimes ) .
    i seem to be having an off week this week i sitting here this morning really not wanting to go ! i think maybe my iron levels are low cos just bin on for over a week . i am 41 so wether it changing hormones i dont no .
    lyn going to a wedding would be a nightmare for me its all that waiting around and being trapped my partner is very understanding andhis support gets me through such things how is your partner ?

oh well betta face the world , supose by tonight i will feel knacked !! blinking stupid isnt it !

have a good day all
    love sandra
    xxxxxxxx

Hope your day gets better Sandra. Maybe eat a banana and give yourself some extra strength? Hopefully, you'll get some interesting characters you can listen to in the pub!

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread Information