Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Agoraphobia

Re: Agoraphobia

going up town to meet my friend but its very warm out and i tend to panic when i feel too hot as it makes me dizzy...... anyways lets see how this goes :-)
    hope everyone's doing ok x

I was kinda pleased with myself yesterday as I managed to get to a goal place of mine that was a bit further, I've been trying for about two weeks and just did it fine. This is part of my exposure therapy with CBT.

@ mishel: Like you mishel, I find the heat can be very tiring and cause dizziness, and headaches too.

@mumble: Well done

"I am a part of all that I have met;
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

- Tennyson

For Those Who Shop Online, you can support No More Panic very easily. Read more here and here. If No More Panic has helped you, consider making a donation.

well done mumble,,i bet your very proud of yourself,,
    mishel like yourself hot weather isnt the best for me,,i have panic attacks indoors never mind venturing outside in it,,i do have to though as the dogs still want their walks,,but it leaves me very stressed and uptight for at least an hour after,,we have upto 29,30 over the weekend ,,they should be fun for me,,think i,ll sit it out by my trusty fan ,,with my ice lollys,,im still going out most days dispite feeling so rough,even after a couple of days gap i try to stay positive while out,,and can venture into quite a few shops now,,still have to watch out for the dreaded lighting though lol

havnt been out much this week,,as hubbys been busy,,and my knees extremely swollen and painful so cant walk much only to take out my dogs,,but we do still manage aldis and mums ,,which ive been proud of because the heat normally makes me go into a panic never mind the thought of getting into the car,,but it went ok ,,i was a little uptight but nothing major ,,im more bored with being stuck on the bed with my leg raised than anything

my legs still very painful so getting outs hard and im not going as much as id like,,although im very proud as the weather been really hot here witha capital H,,29/30s most days and i hate hot weather makes go straight into a panic attack,,but we went out for a drive friday and was out in the worse ,,but i managed to keep my cool,,no pun intended lol,,and in the week a full blown panic attack apeared out of nowhere,,but within minutes i had it under control,,not bad considering i was in on my own,,take care theresa xxxxxx

yay did one of the big shops again today,,leg hurting and i was a bit nervy as id only been in our aldis over the past couple of weeks and thats quite small..but i did it even though the weathers still hot and humid,still doctors on tuesday and that always makes me nervous,,so that will be a test for me

hi julie just read your post because my little sister has agraphobia shes had it for 4 years now after having her 1st child we thought it was just part of post natal depression quiet naive though, but now she has had another kid and now the oldest is four years old and both have been given to her ex partner who has turned his back on her i feel she is trapped totally isolated from all the people who generally love her and want to support her. she hardly has any help from the goverment directly for the illness, me and my partner have tried supporting her but its frustrating for us that the agraphobia has smothered her and taken away her kirsty-ness the thing that makes her her. good luck with the agraphobia

well done Mumble glad to hear it went well!!
    tez sorry to hear your knee is sore but well done for still getting out and about. hope the doctor goes ok x
    hey Paula, I get the feeling that ye assumed she would soon be back to her old self again. it takes a lot of hard work and support.
    I know even my best friend gets frustrated with me as I find a lot of every day things hard to do.
    encourage her to challenge her negative thoughts, she will have lots of symptoms, like dizziness and so on but reassure her its just anxiety and she will be ok.
    take baby steps with her even if its just going as far as her garden.
    don't get cross with her and praise her for the little things because for her to over come them takes a lot of anxiety and courage.
    at the same time she may be unwilling to improve and that can be frustrating, she may be stuck inside her own little comfort zone.

Might be going to down today even though I have a toothache, feel nauseous and going to be taking two Nurofen, with the codeine that my tummy hates.
    i must be flipping crazy hahaha :-)

Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread Information