Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine side effects?

Re: Mirtazapine side effects?

Thanks for your reply Mister, very encouraging
    I think I've got so many other things buzzing around my head, that I didn't want to add to it, by being 'more down' on the 'initial' etc etc.
    Seeing my GP on monday morning so will chat again and see, I guess if I am 'unresponsive' on them, he can always write me a sick form again, to get out of work!!!

I have been on Mirt for 7 weeks now.
    15mg for 4 weeks and up to 30mg for the rest. They seem to be good for sleep and appetite.
    Steve

Finally started on them monday night, more to use as a relaxant following 37 hours without sleep sunday night.... the diazepam don't seem to hit me untill the next day.
    Prior to sunday night, haven't really had sleeping probs, as my body is relieved to shut out anxiety symptoms day after day when I lie down.
    No dreaming, just drowsy, woosey and a heavy feeling that comes and goes. I think my anxiety is trying to attack 'the calming' the tablets are producing?

Hello Jackie

Ive just finished reading your text as well as the others. I am due to go on this medication for migraine of which I suffer badly with. I am feeling very weary about this medication after reading some comments.I have been taking Amitripyline which is an antidepressant which helps people who suffer with migraine, and even though a slight antidepressant it was only used for my migraines, and therefore was only on a low dose. I have been taken this medication for over three years and recently when in hospital due to other health issues the doctor informed me it can cause weight gain. During the last 3 years I have put on a lot of weight which has concerned me. I am a person who like many look at the side effects of taken certain medication. I unfortunately, didnt notice that side effect. The doctor has prescribed me Mirtazepine to replace Amitripyline. I am due to start taking this medication when I return in January. According to some of the threads from this forum, weight gain has been associated with this medication. I am hoping when others like yourself read this thread someone can shed light. Thank you . Rjgoody
    Last edited by rjgoody; 10-12-09 at 10:28.

started taking mirtazapine about 10 days ago.not having the strange dreams, but do sleep alot.very hard to get up in morning even opening my eyes is difficult.took my first one in the morning dont ask why.i had slept 7 or 8 hours the night b4 and went straight back to sleep.also im eating more food than normal.just drowsy if i take them to late.i try to have them around ten o`clock seem to help me get up in the morning.Hope i get a nice dream tonite

I found Mirtazipin a god send, the only side effects i had was a bit of a dicky tummy for a few weeks and after that things really brightened up for me, that is my experience. I would advise you to give it a month and if things really dont improve then speak to your doctor , Good luck, Paige x

Hi All

I have been on Mirtazapine for over a year now, started on 30mg but was dropped to 15mg about six/seven months ago.

I feel my depression has subsided so much that i feel i have gone as far as i can go on mirtazapine. I have spent the last year sorting out all my worries which led to the depression in the first place and finally feel ready to come off the meds.

Ive had a look around the forum and wanted some advice on coming off mirtazapine
    I would go to my doctor but i honestly dont feel supported by him. I was just put on these a year ago and told to come back every three months. When i do go, he barely pays any attention to me and just hands me another prescription.

Can anyone help with how i should come off my meds in a safe way?
    Thank you
    Pink

Hi .Im on day 26 ()I think on mirtazapine (15mg) after coming off 40mg citalopram instantly. Im still very irritable n very quick tempered. Busy loud places give me the shakes and Im eating like a horse. I was already nearly 2 stone overweight before I started and I suffer from low self esteem as it is!Have joined a gym to comprensate.Sleeps improved (except I find it hard to get up) n dreams lessening in occurence n length so thats good. Should all the negative side effects have worn off yet? Im seeing the doc tomorrow. I have had a REALLY difficult time changing to this drug.Thanks.

I have been on medication since last July and now on daily 30mg Mirtazapine. It is the medication that has led me to this website as I'm interested in understanding the side effects. I have gained a little weight and my sleeping has improved no end which is one of the reasons why I was perscribed these tablets. I had 'funny' dreams to start with but they have settled down now.

I currently suffer from painful joints and my muscles tend to ache without any real physical activity...generally begining to feel like a 70 year-old, although I'm only 43 and use to be quite active playing sport. Please let me know if you have had similar experiences.

I'm taking 30mg mirtazapine daily. Weight gain can be a problem so healthy eating is important. I have found that I can stabilise my weight although it is hard work. Exercise will also speed up your metabolism and help in weight loss. Although mirtazapine is an anti depressant it is commonly used for sleep problems. Sleep usually improves in the lower doses but not in the higher ones. I had some spectacular nightmares at the beginning of my treatment. These have all but gone and I've been on mirtazapine this time since September. I have no experience of joint pain althought I know others have experienced this. I would urge you to go back to your doctor and discuss this with him. It could be the symptom of something else and needs addressing. Best wishes.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information