Thread: calamity jane!

Wink calamity jane!

Hi I am new. I am calling myself calamity jane because I feel out of control and a big mess most of the time! I am disorganized, I self indulge to feel good then feel bad and guilty about where the indulgences get me... ie. food, shopping, drinking, being lazy...I have BAD health anxiety too. If I ever have Anything wrong with me, I am conviced it will lead to certain death! Heart attack mostly. I smoke and am 27 and constantly worry I will have a heart attack. I have panic attacks. I have been to the hospital ER 3x for suspected heart attack. They take tests and tell me I am okay. I am too young for a heart attack, the next set of tests is too invasive for my symptoms and They send me home with meds for anxiety. I have seen my reg doc. and have had ekgs even wore a heart monitor for 3 days...nothing...I am on medication now. It helps a lot. I still get attacks at night when I am alone with my mind. I hate it. I have a daughter and live alone. I used to think I would die and she would find me and not know what to do. I hate it. I hate it. Recently I have had to clear my throat CONSTANTLY I am scared I have throat cancer from smoking. I want to quite, but it makes my anxiety so much worse. I like everyone's suggestions. I have a couple of my own. Sometimes to calm me I just repeat a word that reminds me of something safe and comforting. I say it slowly and focus on how good it makes me feel. I use God, Home, and Family. I find that as much as I love my daughter, I can't use her name because I worry about her too much and it usually has the opposite effect...Anyway hope to talk to you all more

Re: calamity jane!

to NMP. This is a supportive place with great advice. Glad that you have found us.

Veronica

Hi there,
    I relate to what you say so much. I used to recite the prayer 'Our Father' and eat ice lollies for my throat thing, not at the same time!
    You know, even crossword puzzles could start trains of unwanted thought!
    You are doing well to have found some medication that helps, well done.
    It is so easy to muddle our anxiety symptoms with other ones, as we feel so strange. Try keep telling yourself that it is the anxiety that is making you feel that way, I expect you already do that!
    You are in good company on here.
    Bye for now
    love from
    ruby
    x

Hi Jane and welcome
    I can relate to how you feel too, i haven't tried repeating a word to myself but i am about to embark on a trip and am dreading it so i will give your techniqe a go, can't hurt so thank you for the advice and i hope we can all help you and eachother out.

Take care
    Sharon

Thread Information