Thread: dr wont change medication

dr wont change medication

hiya all, i suffer with anxiety and panic attacks - i had to go to a+e over the weekend as i felt so rough - theysuggested it maybe worth me changing my meds and to start having propanolol instead of the blood pressure table im currently on - went to docs this morning and he totally dismissed it - i feel really frustated as i feel the current meds dont really make much difference what should i do??????????

Re: dr wont change medication

did he say why he wouldnt change it .......coz thats what i would be wanting to know xx

he just said that i was already taking tablets for anxiety - he didnt seem to understand i get anxious because of the palpations i have also done some research into the blood pressure tablets im on and it seems like palpations can be one of the side affects i really dont know what to do - i have booked another appoinyment with a different doctor and hopefully he will understand me better

I'd phone up and ask to speak to your GP, explain your concerns and that you are getting palpitations as a side effect to the medication you are currently on.

Also don't attempt propranolol if you have any kind of asthma as it'll more than likely trigger your chest off.

i used to get asthma when i was younger and i had some other better blocker about 5 years ago and i had a attack of being unable to breath so could that be y he wont prescribe it to me? but i feel that it may have been a panic attack and not asthma i just want these bloddy horrible feelings to stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

some tablets work for one person but wont for another, id ask to see another gp if i were you

I take 45mg Mirtazapine for the anxiety and also 15mg Buspar daily for the anxiety, my mental health doctor prescribed the buspar and said they could be taken daily and are not addictive, like the diazapam i was taking, but those are only as when needed so didnt realy help much, the buspar as they are taken daily as well as the mirtazapine do seem to be helping with the anxiety, i do still get anxious but it takes the edge off of it.

I would defo talk to dr.

Thread Information