Thread: Upset tummy

Upset tummy

Hi, I have been having a lot of stress in my life over the last 2 years, starting with my brother being diagnosed with advanced cancer and dying 9 weeks later, last year my 9 year old son was diagnosed with a brain tumour, he has had loads of treatment and still is, in March i was made redundant from my part time job, in June i started suffering from severe acid indegestion and general upset tum problems, my gp put me on Lansoprozol which has helped some, i have also been experimenting with my diet i no longer eat wheat or any known acid containing foods but i am still having problems. Then my mum passed away 4 weeks ago which has been yet another blow and my upset tum has flared up again big time even though i am still being extremely careful with my diet. I am really now feeling very down and beginning to wonder if all my problems are just being caused by stress and anxiety my panic attacks keep flaring up. Does anybody have any suggestions that might help please

Re: Upset tummy

Hi Pam

I suffer with upset stomach and and stomach cramps
    i went through the stage of thinking it was bowel or stomach cancer but im now sure its due to my anxiety

Marc

I have moved your post to symptoms as you posted it under "messages for admins"

You may get more replies this way.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

sounds like anxiety as i have an upset tummy every single day of my life it does wear you out and makes you down always best to get checked though it sounds like ibs

amanda

My brother in-law had a similar problem, suddenly developed a constant upset stomach. He ended up loosing a lot of weight. Doctors spend months giving him different tests but could not identify the problem. They tried dropping certain food groups in case he had an allergy but to no effect. His doctor eventually decided to treat him for stress and within weeks it cleared up.

So taking into account the similarities and the fact you have had a lot to be stressed about I think stress is a good bet.

All the best

John
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.
    From the book Dune by Frank Herbert

Thank you all for your replies it is comforting to know i am not alone with this problem, i have just booked an appointment to see my gp to try and get it sorted

luv Pam

Thread Information